Looking for a Texture (to Shape terrain)

TucsonCoyote

Well now that I got things going I was thinking back a couple years back when someone came out with a novel texture idea that helped shape terrain.(It was a paint on Texture that had smaller 1 meter grids inside the 10x10 meter unit.. I'm Looking all over DLS and have not yet found it..(I remember this texture was very useful in helping shape hills and mountains.. It was a nice little tool as it helped shape the terrain before you added in your main textures.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, please at least point me in the direction of that texture. (It's good to have to help shape your terrain.

Tucsoncoyote--

Tucson Coyote

Look for 'Helper Mesh' kuid:44700:11991 on the DLS. That is the one you are thinking about. Make sure you set it to minimum scale and set the direction pointer to dead on North. Radius does not matter.
It doesn't make the grid any smaller but gives far more accuracy in shaping your contours.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

yep that's the one..

Tucson Coyote

Look for 'Helper Mesh' kuid:44700:11991 on the DLS. That is the one you are thinking about. Make sure you set it to minimum scale and set the direction pointer to dead on North. Radius does not matter.
It doesn't make the grid any smaller but gives far more accuracy in shaping your contours.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Yep that's the one.. After all Helper mesh does work wonders when you are setting up terrain, and getting it looking right.. Thanks Narrowgauge..

Edited Note: the Helper Mesh Texture does work in 2006 with a little editing.. at least this is one "Must have" Texture" to have if you are building scenery..

Tucsoncoyote--

Last edited:
Locomotive repair shed?

Hello and Happy Easter to All

I'm looking for the kuid number or the website to download a locomotive shed that I had but lost from comp problems. It has doors that automatically open when the engines leave the the shed. I think it has five tracks and doors. You can put many engines inside of the facility.
It was shown in the screenshots section of locomotive repair facilities but without any kuid number. I do not think it's on the DLS it was on another website for trainz. This is a very nice piece of work and if anyone can lead us to it, I recommend you all download it for your enjoyment.

Thanks to All:)
Bob

G'day Narrowgauge,

Not aware of the existence of the asset being described here prior to this, I thought I might download it for my own use. However, all attempts to find it from the download Station using the information you have supplied are failing. No matter which search criteria I use, there is but ONE item listed as being available from you (and that ISN'T the 'Helper Mesh'). Am I looking in the wrong places?

Don't panic Narrowgauge. It has been brought to my attention elsewhere that I did not have the 'pre-SP3' option checked during the search (something I don't do as a matter of course). Since your object is of that 'era', it did not show up in the search. I have since downloaded it and should find it most useful...
Jerker {:)}

Last edited:
Jerker

You have to delve into prehistory to find it. Make sure on the search screen 'trainz' is ticked and you search for KUID 44700 and you will find it first in the list.

Narrowgauge

G'day Narrowgauge,

Indeed, see my 'edit' above, which I made without realising you had already responded to my plea...

Jerker {:)}

Back