Look what they done to my route . . Ma

Attached is an image of what has happened to my Pennsylvania & Ohio route. I have not touched it since the last update . .have been involved in the Multiplayer testing so have not had much time this last couple of weeks.

This has peppered my route with similar distortions. This is a large route and while I have a backup it will still mean losing a lot of time and work done since the backup.

Anyone know why this would happen ?

Where I was working has not been affected, perhaps I can split off the new work and go to my Backup to get it all back using merge, but still want to know how to avoid such disasters.

Here is link to two examples:

Sample 01 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1waUQOnjoO1zyb37jgHGPMPpLRg_FkfO2/view?usp=sharing
Sample 02 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LMsi-pksHliV_-4vAzkfWMxQ7qtBrrre/view?usp=sharing

Any suggestions appreciated
render2017 Colin Rayner

Yup I've had that occur and reported it. Tony even saw it and said something about it, but they can't find the cause, GRRR!

Anyway there's a work around...

Use the topology tool:

Get height of the ground under the trees.
Tap the ground.

The trees will drop.

Repeat this all over where it occurs.

If you make a divot, hit undo or press CTRL+Z

That will undo the terrain, but the trees remain where they should be.

Thanks John,

I took another method early this morning and restores selected modules from backup. I usually build a route in modules to avoid these type of issues, and then do a final merge before doing detail work.

All Ok as it was limited to a couple of older modules that had no changes since the last backup, saved myself losing all that work. Just delete the offending modules and re merge, no errors this time. I don't think it was the merge as the error showed up in a stable version of the route.

May see you on the Multiplayer session tomorrow.

Cheers
Colin Rayner

I'm glad to hear you're all set. I've built large routes the same way - learned ages ago from the painful experience of having something get trashed! The unfortunate part is sometimes you don't notice this event until well into a long editing session which makes going back so painful. The only resort then is to fix the problem as I mentioned and continue one.

You'll see me later if my internet holds up. I'm on a wireless link to my router located in the basement some 3 floors away. There are days when everything works fine and then there are others that cause angst. The past few weeks have been frustrating due to sudden dropouts. In some cases I've gotten those high latency issues, thinking it was the server only to find my network completely kicking out a minute later.

Back