long time to update TRAINZ 2006

switchmaster

When I load the program each time it takes about 15 min to display the splash screen. You know the one with start and contnet manager on it.
If I click on Content manager it takes about 15-30 minutes to load the program. Also, if I have items to commit, weither 6 or 60 items it takes about 2-2:30 hours to complete the install.

I have a rather fast computer AMD dual core. Some times after it finishes I go to the main program and find that the item is not there. If I reload the program from start it tells me that I have items that are not committed. What gives. Last time I looked I had about 8500 items installed.

Another problem if I have previously loaded in lets say 150 pieces of rolling stock, and I load in another 30-40. some of the previous items are nowhere to be found.

Any ideas as to cause and fix.

Thanks

switchmaster:confused:

Hello

Whats you PC spec? and make sure you don't have any other programs running in the background.

Regards

Ahsan:)

How long have you had this problem, is it a recent install of TRS2006?
Have you updated with the service pack?

Sounds as if you need to remove and reinstall (copy content to a backup place first)-there are detailed instructions on doing this on the forums.

Back