Loco Swaying

railsim49

The swaying of the Loco is quite ridiculous in external view. Don't know why Trainz has this feature. So unrealistic. I know you can shut off cabin sway in settings. But what about the Loco sway in External view? Is there a way to shut the sway in external view?

It’s because the default track condition is set to 50% and there isn’t a global way of changing that setting. 50% was a bad default value for n3v to choose. The other way to reduce sway is to add the suspension stiffness tags to the engine spec.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it as most American railroads (which is where a lot of the Trainz community is from) have degraded track, so it is inherently more realistic. Maybe not for the British or Germans though. I see no reason to complain about it as you can just fix it or edit the config file of the track to set the default condition. I understand it can make some people sick but there's no reason to go bashing it for no reason other than you think its unrealistic. Just take a look at this video.

Sorry, the only track in America that is in that bad of condition is old track that is seldom used and will have a restricted speed limit. Mainline track in America is much smoother and well maintained. Stovepipe is right. This should be a feature available to track creators if they want to create old and badly maintained track. It should be just like the different variants of rusty track on the DLS. Making the default value 50% is just wrong on every level. And suggesting that users should have to modify track to fix the problems is crazy. But I can still remember how many requests there were for this feature so I can understand why it was implemented but the default should be more like 5% and the creator can change it to make their track appear to be rusty unstable track.

Back