Loading routes with rollingstock.

westaussietoo

Can someone please tell me, in as simple a way as possible, how to load
equipment (locos and cars) onto a route. I'm able to do it on Mojave Subdivision, but not the other routes. I don't want to drive sessions, just free roam and explore. On the other routes for some reason I don't get the same save options, and yes I'm changing the name of the route before I try to Save. More often then not Trainz stops responding, and I have to end program in task manager, or the only way I can get out of surveyor is by clicking on 'don't save', which of course defeats the whole purpose.
This by the way is Trainz Sim 12, and my computer specs are:
64 bit AMD Athlon II x2 260 processor
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT vidio card
3 GB of RAM.

Thanks.

First thing for making your own free roam session is select the route, click the sessions button in the lower right corner to get the sessions menu. Then in the upper left corner click "Create New Session" so you start with empty tracks. Note this does not work for all TS12 routes, some of them have trains in the route layer so you're stuck with them.

After placing an engine and some cars, click Main Menu, Save As - and note that it DEFAULTS to "Save new route and session", click the lower window to change that to "Save new session" ONLY. Saving it as a new route will take longer, all you want is a new session on the existing route. Type in a name, exit surveyor, then select your new session and drive.

To Coconut God - that worked for a couple of saves, but now it's back to where I can't exit surveyer without clicking 'don't save'. Any thoughts?

Back