Lessons learned from converting TRS2012 routes to TANE routes

Thanks MSGSapper, for your quick and helpful reply. I'm not sure if it's proper form to use proper names here or not, although I notice you sign yours. The route I want to import into T:ANE is actually a route I've been working on for a couple of years in T12. I've been building my own routes since the 2006 version but I've never done anything with the files so when I said basic, I really meant basic. If there is a T:ANE for Idiots, that's the book for me.
I've just done a search and found 14 CDP files. Which one would I import to T:ANE? And I'm guessing I'd "import file" rather than "import folder"? Thanks again, eh.

Doug

Thanks MSGSapper, for your quick and helpful reply. I'm not sure if it's proper form to use proper names here or not, although I notice you sign yours. The route I want to import into T:ANE is actually a route I've been working on for a couple of years in T12. I've been building my own routes since the 2006 version but I've never done anything with the files so when I said basic, I really meant basic. If there is a T:ANE for Idiots, that's the book for me.
I've just done a search and found 14 CDP files. Which one would I import to T:ANE? And I'm guessing I'd "import file" rather than "import folder"? Thanks again, eh.
Doug

You "import file" for those CDPs. I would suggest you go here for any further basic T:ANE help:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Main_Page

BTW I do all my route work currently only in TRS2012. T:ANE has so many bugs at present that it makes it impractical to work in it to edit routes.....

Bob

I have no choice but to piggyback on this thread: In TrainzPortal there is a detailed and simple way to do the "import of routes to T:ane". So here is the problem: You select the route (not a built in), and highlight it. Then you do control-E and nothing happens. Further, you go to Edit and see the CTRL-E is grayed, so you can't open it for edit. Now what? I have tried to open the list of assets used in this route and select all. But I have the same problem. Just in case, this is CM v3.6

Back