Laptop 2009

Dogsbody

Following purchase of laptop with vista premium installed ,2009 will not work correctly when building a layout ,industries are not interactive ,road traffic non existent ,has anyone else had problems .

I have a 2008 Toshiba Harman/Kardon laptop with VISTA and an Intel Centrino Duo and have no (major)troubles with TRS2009 WBE, TRS2006 and TC1st and 2nd edition. However, I had extra RAM added.

The "help" desk will tell you that they do not support any of their Trainz versions on a laptop OR on any computer with a built-in video chipset. Some laptops will work just fine, and others won't.

I have '06 on one laptop and '09 on another; both will run, but with major problems displaying anything at a rate faster than slide show. Both run '04 just fine. My desktop, with built-in video, runs '04 just fine, '06 semi-ok, but balked at '09. I finally refurbished my old XP machine and got '09 to run - but I had to add a second video card and disable on-board video.

It's all in how lucky you are.

Bill

Thanks for your info my setup on the laptop HPdv6
Intel 2.53 .500 Gib HD. 4Gig ram ATI 1gig Video so thought it should be ok ,wonder if scripting needs changing as industrial items all show but only as dumb items. 2004 and 2006 no problems at all.

My HP dv6 Artist Edition laptop handles anything in Trainz 06 with ease (2.3 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4 GB RAM, 1 GB ATI 4650, 500 GB 5400 RPM) suprisingly, and I couldn't be happier. I can even run Clovis 2 & Mopac with FPS in the upper teens as the lowest, average is 25-30. I wouldn't be suprised, though, if it struggled with 2009, even on the same routes.

My thoughts,
Kyle

Back