Lack of Scottish Stock

stuartsteel14

Trainzing Scotsman
It has come to my attention that there is a lack of Scottish stock in Trainz. So far i have seen two locos, several number of wagons and about 5 to 10 carriages.

there are plenty of routes Based in Scotland and most are pretty decent. I'm just wondering if anyone has the time to add more of this to the Trainz universe.

i have only one suggestion at this time, the NBR C Class a.k.a., the LNER J36. These engines served the First World War in France. the sole survivor,NBR No. , is owned by the Scottish Railway Preservation Society (SRPC). further to this, 'Maude' is in York in Exchange with MR Compound No. 1000 with 1000 being in Bo'ness's museum. anyway, if anyone would like to try create the 'J36' or 'C Class', i would suggest using the following photographs for close reference.

Hi,

Your right for the period your looking at, but Scotrail is well catered for, with more modern stock.

It think the closest thing you'll get to the C Class/J36 is Donald and Douglas from SI3D. I could be wrong though. I don't exactly keep an eye on what all is out there.

The loco you're refering to on decapod's site is an SECR/SR O Class. there are two people ive asked about this. trainboi1 said he's a bit busy and my inquiry with barn700 said that it would cost around $60 to make. as for Donald & Douglas, they are of Caledonian Railway decent of the CR 812 class, though 'Maude' was painted and carried name and number of Donald in its BR Black livery several years ago before its need of an overhaul.

You might have more luck if you could come up with some drawings. I don't know of any, but photos are easy to find. A J36 wouldn't be that hard to make.

Paul

e452e0f576db168e694e7c6e3b401435.jpg

these are plans for another Scottish Loco, the Caledonian Railway 439 Class, any possibilities

I have that drawing, that scan is really too small to be used for modelling. The 439 is very similar to the LSWR M7 which somebody did and if I could get hold of the M7 mesh it could be changed fairly easily. I could make that from scratch though, it's fairly simple.

Paul

I have a selection of Scottish Drawings in my collection, which I'm willing to offer up to anyone interested. I'd love to do these locos myself, as I think Scottish steamers are very good looking, however I only have so much time, and currently it is devoted to Ffestiniog stock.

I have:
- Every 4-6-0 to come from a Scottish pre-group company
- A selection of Highland Railway 4-4-0s
- Dunrobin, the Duke of Sutherland's private loco.

I have a selection of Scottish Drawings in my collection, which I'm willing to offer up to anyone interested. I'd love to do these locos myself, as I think Scottish steamers are very good looking, however I only have so much time, and currently it is devoted to Ffestiniog stock.

I have:
- Every 4-6-0 to come from a Scottish pre-group company
- A selection of Highland Railway 4-4-0s
- Dunrobin, the Duke of Sutherland's private loco.

i suppose that would help with any content creators and i also found more specs for a j36 http://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=class&id=C&type=S&id=601036

Could I interest you in a D29/1 'Scott' instead?

2013-12-19_210852.jpg

Or this (can't get more Scottish than this)

2013-12-19_211102.jpg

PDH Drawing Services have a J36 drawing but I've found their drawings a bit iffy to say the least (http://www.pdhdrawings.com/). That would do to make a basic model if you are not too fussy.

Paul

I have searched for many hours on Google to find drawings for steam locomotives and modern DMU's with little success apart from the National Railway Museum archives. I had not discovered "pdhdrawings" until Paul gave the link above. If anybody has other locations for drawings, this could be very helpful.

Scottish

Back