L SD70

sardon

I have three of thes locos and I can't get them to run in cab mode. They run fine in dcc mode. I have put fuel and sand in them but when I hit the starter button, nothing happens. Anybody have any ideas?

Don

Flip the isolation switch to "Stop/Start isolate" then push the startup button. After it starts, flip it to the "Run" position

Yes I did that. I forgot to put that in my post but I did. I had been using these locos right along so I knew how to do it but a couple days ago my computer crashed and I had to format it. I just installed trainz today and this is what happened. Do you think I will have to uninstall the program and reinstall? I hate to do that but if it is the only way then--------------:'(

Yup I put the sp1 in as soon as trainz finished installing. And no I have not tried any rule. I will search for that.

No luck with the search. I guess I don't search properly but nothing comes up

I am REALLY @#$%%$ now. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, putting sp1 in immediately and the sd70s STILL won't start. These are default units so what could be going on? I must be overlooking something but I don't know what. I guess I will just have to use sd 40 or run the 70s in dcc mode unless someone has an idea.

Don

Don

Last edited:
I have three of thes locos and I can't get them to run in cab mode. They run fine in dcc mode. I have put fuel and sand in them but when I hit the starter button, nothing happens. Anybody have any ideas?

Don

Thats the complete opposite for me,mine run fine in cab mode but not in DCC mode!

Do your other engines run in dcc? strange! My sd70s were working okay previous to my crash. Now, on reinstall (3 times)!!! they will not start in cab mode. I don't understand it and I guess no one else does either. My other engines work fine.

Don

Back