Journey on the KTX - My Trip from Seoul to Busan

LivinOnTheRR

Thought I'd share a little journey report from my recent trip to South Korea. A friend and I decided one of the highlights would be taking the KTX high-speed train from Seoul down to Busan.

We boarded the train at Seoul Station, which was massive - definitely felt like an airport! The KTX trains themselves were super modern and comfortable. We managed to snag seats at the front so had great views for the whole trip.

The ride was smooth as silk. Couldn't believe how fast we were cruising along! Some parts of the track the scenery was just flying by. We got to see countryside, temples peeking through tree lines, and glimpses of the coast. Really gave us a taste of different areas.

In under 3 hours we pulled into Busan Station. It's crazy to think that's how long it takes to travel that distance when it would have been a full day trip years ago.

All in all it was a very enjoyable way to experience parts of South Korea. Much better than driving ourselves in my opinion. The staff on the train were also very friendly. If any of you get the chance to visit, I'd absolutely recommend checking out the KTX network.

I'm happy that you had fun on your KTX train adventure from Seoul to Busan, @LivinOnTheRR. It's true, this is very efficient transport, similar to Shinkansen in Japan. I also rode KTX two times, and it was an exciting experience for me! I will definitely ride again, but only with economy. The only change was that in first class, water was free and the aisle was broader compared to economy.

I really appreciate you sharing your KTX experiences, too. First class does sound more spacious and comfortable, but I agree - for short trips the economy seating is perfectly fine.

I'm glad I was able to experience the train ride with my guide, Thomas, from https://gowithguide.com/korea He helped point out places of interest along the way and told me more about Korean culture and history. The trip wouldn't have been as enjoyable or educational without him.

I really appreciate you sharing your KTX experiences, too. First class does sound more spacious and comfortable, but I agree - for short trips the economy seating is perfectly fine.

I'm glad I was able to experience the train ride with my guide, Thomas, from https://gowithguide.com/korea He helped point out places of interest along the way and told me more about Korean culture and history. The trip wouldn't have been as enjoyable or educational without him.
That sounds like a fantastic experience with your guide! Having someone knowledgeable to enhance your journey with insights into Korean culture and history truly adds a special touch to the trip. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Thomas, @LivinOnTheRR!

Back