JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

felix_g_58b36436ab6dc.jpg

More pictures: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...evelopment)-screenshots&p=1581156#post1581156

Recently I was speaking in a thread about how incredible some of the more recent screenshots have been, and my personal thoughts on why: "One thing I have really noticed about some of the incredible screenshots that I have seen in the past few months is how really well made assets, esp. scenery assets, will increase the 'reality factor' of a scene a thousand-fold." (thread here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-in-Blender-Before-Exporting-for-Trainz/page2 )

I can think of no better example than this picture. Absolutely stunning.

Regards,
MSP

Thanks for the comments, guys!

"One thing I have really noticed about some of the incredible screenshots that I have seen in the past few months is how really well made assets, esp. scenery assets, will increase the 'reality factor' of a scene a thousand-fold."
Yeah, very true.
And a single low quality asset placed in a too prominent way might ruin the scene.
But in addition, great looking assets alone don't make a scene great automatically, it's also important to arrange them in a convincing way.

But in addition, great looking assets alone don't make a scene great automatically, it's also important to arrange them in a convincing way.
You are absolutely correct. Composition is as important, if not more important, than the quality of the assets used. You obviously have that 'right-brained' artistic bent when it comes to composition, as I think everyone would agree. :)

Regards,
MSP

@scratchy, is that the new coal country route? If so, it would be perfect for PRR/NW/SOU/C&O all the coal hauling RRs.

In an unusual move, Y48 brings Bangor-bound cars South out of Verso towards Swanson in preparation for tonight's T2. 702 is the captive Verso paper mill switch engine, however with it's 92 day inspection fast approaching it needed to come to Swanson. The 2400 tons required 499 to assist with the steady 1-1.5% climb out of the mill which in turn led to operators in both engines. #54 will be subbed in as the interim switch engine for upcoming 47 and 48 jobs before 702 returns, likely to have had additional work done to it in the off-time.
therock_58b67c997a155.jpg

No words can describe how amazing that shot is, Rock. Well, no forum-appropriate words...

Matt

Back