JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

If i were to take an educated guess, i suspect they haul Railroad ties on them because it's easier to unload them from the car's open sides them to try and wedge a forklift into the well of a gondola.

Makes sense. I suppose they'd have to stack them if there were a lot, so they wouldn't just fall off. How would a *full bulkhead* hold the ties in place? Tarp I guess? Just curious!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Extending what Gisa informed you about the paper-service which must be more of a Canadian process, the centerbeam flatcars get just about EVERYWHERE in the US. Doing so, mostly carrying finished wood products such as dimensional lumber and specialty wood products for the building/construction industry. These cars can also be seen laden with railroad ties.

I am not aware of any paper being hauled in anything but various sizes of box cars. Centerbeams in Canada are plentiful since there are a lot of industries that bring in lumber and lumber is shipped over to the US from various lumber industries in Ontario, Quebec and British Colombia. Also besides railway ties which I have seen get hauled (but usually in gondolas),plywood and gypsum board in plastic wrap can also be found on CN and CP trains in Canada. I heard that on rare occasions, they have been known to be used to haul bundles of re-bar and small diameter pipe.

Picture is worth a 1000 words...

bnsfcenterbeamflat.jpg

Nice shot. Indeed: a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for finding/digging that one up.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

True

:cool: The load-space is a little over four feet either side of the center-beam.

The shorter 53' cars can be seen full with bundles of crossties raw as well as pressure-treated.

Kiln dried lumber would of course be wrapped to prevent warpage, as would drywall(gypsum board, sheet-rock).

Steel flat-bar, even structural steel, reinforcement bar, etc can be loaded & secured with straps, steel strapping, cable or chains.

It would be nice if the load included whatever tie-down method is required, included with it's mesh.

Railroads are always looking for suitable loads for a freight car.

Last edited:
i cant wait
however what happend to those relay boxes
and how is that loco that looks kinda like a u33?
any word on that?

Not being a Nick Picker, but your lube decal is a little on the long side, might want to shrink it alittle, other than that Great work. Be nice to have some better Centerbeam Flats in game.

Not being a Nick Picker, but your lube decal is a little on the long side, might want to shrink it alittle, other than that Great work. Be nice to have some better Centerbeam Flats in game.

check for reference. the panels are actually that big, which i believe are a regulated size.

Back