JOIN AMTRAK IN CELEBRATING NATIONAL TRAIN DAY

SuperFudd

JOIN AMTRAK IN CELEBRATING NATIONAL TRAIN DAY MAY 10TH.
The first ever National Train Day is on its way, and
there's never been a better time to celebrate. With
passenger ridership growing every year, more and more people
recognize that trains are the best way to relax and enjoy the
ride. Read, talk, work or snooze the time away. Traveling by
train is the nicer way to get where you're going. So get ready
to join the festivities, including live musical performances,
exhibits, trip planning, VIP appearances and trip giveaways.
Visit NationalTrainDay.com to learn more

http://email.amtrak.com/W0RT01C06F29F31807D0C350A18CC0

If only they did these events at the Amtrak Station in Detroit (Which is Tiny because the Union Station on the opposite side of downtown has been abandoned seince the NYC days). :p -Chris

Well I hope it goes well because you unlucky people across the pond have a network a pale shadow of it's once pristine days before the short hop plane!

Many US visitors who come here note how widespread our system is and since it went back into various private hands increased tremendously and lines bening reopened. Here in Scotland we have had several extensions or re-openings of lines long closed. Across the Irsh Sea both N.I.R. in Ulster and I.R. in the South are also seeing great increases in passengers.

Do we have passenger trains here? Amtrak is a cute little heritage/tourist line, but it would be a little easier to celebrate if we had something useable for transportation.

:cool: Claude

Two airlines folded in the last week, largely due to fuel costs. I expect rising fuel costs will have a less dramatic effect on railroads. Amtrak may then increase in popularity.

Back