Issues with certain track/bridge assets causing baseboard issues

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Firstly, for users who have been reading my previous thread regarding issues after the first hour, I am still trying to deal with that issue, but will keep that seperate.

The issue I am currently having is as follows:

The following assets are causing medium to high poly counts and are causing areas with these assets present to not cache, which is a problem if you need to check the area for signalling issues or have a station in the area.

1 track wood,<kuid:-1:15>
1 track as49,<kuid:9:50001>
Bridge track 2t new,<kuid:41462:38011>

All of the mentioned assets are built-in, so I cannot obsolete them. Also, the replace assets too will not work with the third item. I have tried using replace assets with the first two, but it does not make any difference (I have a feeling it's due to dependent assets)

I have tried the uncached_alphas idea, which works with most assets, but not these three.

Anyone got any ideas on why these three would be causing so much trouble? I have tried them in both their unmodified form, and by adding uncached_alphas and using Images2TGA.

Any suggestions are welcome, but I have a feeling that editing the config files of the dependent assets may not make much difference as Trainz always seems to revert after re-saving the session.

Version: TS2009 SP4 (44653)

Shane

Apologies for bumping my thread, but I could do with something soon if possible.

I've had some luck with the third item but I've got several instances of this particular bridge. Is there a method of quickly changing them into another type without deleting them and replacing them manually? (Reason I'm asking is that the bridges are quite long, and have signals on them at various points)

Also, I seem to have got rid of the second issue using Replace Assets and modifying the assets that depend on it.

Unfortunately, I cannot get anywhere with the 1 track wood issue. It appears that there are built-in assets that contain it but do not have it as a dependency (Tunnel Darkstone), nor can I find any bridges with it as a dependency (even though it must be present somewhere for it to be showing up as an issue.

I am open to any suggestions about how to solve this issue, especially if N3V have any ideas on how to resolve this.

Shane

could be in a kuid listing of the troubled asset?
Ive found quite a few assets not as dependants in kuid listings?
Ya the bridges ugh bites when ya have to replace em......

Dave =)

Shane,

The replace assets tool does not work on bridges or other MO-crossing objects. Why bridges I don't know because they are tracks, but I guess the program doesn't consider them tracks.

I have found a few assets on older routes that are not identifiable, so they are not replaceable. The only way is to delete them and manually replace them with something else.

John

Thankyou for the responses so far.:)

It's becoming a chicken-and-egg situation - whoever added the feature that causes baseboards to disappear due to inefficient assets has shot themselves in the foot.

I can probably deal with the bridge issue, but I really wish that there was a quicker method.

As for the 1 track wood issue, I'm still baffled why it's not appearing as a dependency for some of the bridges, as I have seen bridges that use it on my layout.

The problem as I see it is that it is very difficult to find and remove the offending item if you cannot see anything.

Shane

Back