Issue with Utah Belt SD60M and Over heating

Joshuajlawn

Hey y'all, I just wanted to say that the new (engine protection) effects with the new FX are really cool.
But it seems there is something seems off with the SD60M.
I was running a 10,212 ton TOFC up a 2.5% grade.

Going by SP operating philosophies, I had 6 Locomotives on the point and 5 helper mid train.
The train was doing 50mph when it began to climb the hill. The speed dropped to about 33mph, and that's when I got my first engine offer heating warning.
I looked at amp mete on the lead C30-7 and it read 2.5, but the Amp mete on the SD60M was pegged.
The train had sufficient power so it was able to continue up grade.
I was concerned that this would be an issue with all locomotives that are using the new fx, so I added an SPvC44-9. One added to the train on the head end, I stated the train up hill again.
This revealed that issue us with the SD60M.
Is there a way to edit the 60M so the amp meter won't be pegged under normal conditions?
Tanks,
Josh.
PS having a locomotive go offline does add cool situations to trains!!

You probably need an updated engine spec. At around the same time the version of TFX with those features was released, a new set of engines specs went to the DLS and the site.

If that isnt it, I would send the SD60M back to its home shop for maintenance. :)

Ok thanks, and yeah, its got to go back to the engine shop for some repair work.
Its definetly a really coo new feature!!

I just installed the new Engine specs, Utah Belt is preparing a coal train that will have a pair of UB SD60M leading.
I'll keep y'all posted.:cool:

Back