Issue With AJS Junction Kit

djelzy

Hi all, i have spent the past few days downloading junction kits and station kits and other items from andi06's website.

I have been on a desperate struggle to find stations that actually work in TRS2006 with no luck atall. After posting on here a few months ago to see if there was any way to fix this problem i was directed in the path of the ajs junction and station kits.

I thought i would start off with the junction kits and see if i could do them. I downloaded the tutorial and off into surveyor i went after spending alot of time sorting out all the faults with Muliebuck and electro in irc chat. The first thing it tells me is to search for is the junction template i want to create and then place it. Problem is, i couldnt find them.

After making sure that i had downloaded every single item there was on that website and fixing the faults, i then decided to have a look at what else i will need further in the tutorial.........Junction Wires. These were not showing up in surveyor atall. i then made a last check to see if i had these junction wires, and i do. I also have the junction templates, and every other item that the tutorial will require in order for me to complete it.

I thought to myself, "If iv got them, then why wont they show up in Surveyor? CMP is showing no Faults or Missing Dependencies?" I opened up one of these junction templates up in CCP and had a look down the bottom at the warning and errors box, it was full! If so, why is CMP not detecting the faults?

I have wanted for so long now to be able to start work on a route in TRS2006 and have stations that work with the AI properly. I just feel like i am becoming a nagging one of sorts and starting to get on peoples nerves? I would like to know if this whole problem can ever be fixed or if i am just wasting my time?

Thankyou everone for reading, Replys are more then welcome.

djelzy

After making sure that i had downloaded every single item there was on that website and fixing the faults
If CMP was reporting errors then you don't have the latest versions.
I opened up one of these junction templates up in CCP
These are not TRS2006 objects and CCP should NOT be used on them. If you open any of these assets in CCP and then save them they will no longer work.

CMP was reporting errors with some of jaleel's assets that i got from your site andi06. My mistake. I had no errors with your content which means i must have the latest versions? I opened a few assets in CCP but did not save.

I have now got nearly all of the junctions working now andi06. They are great. :) Im having problems building the stations from your tutorial on your site :-( Is there any way we can chat about this because i would love to get this working? Your co-operation would greatly appreciated. djelzy

The Station Kit tutorial is a little out of date. There is an FAQ for the current objects here.

Basically:
1. Place station.
2. Attach tracks.
3. Go to driver and select 'Drive To' followed by 'Load'

You can then fiddle with the options and add platforms etc.

good news iv got the stations working but i cant understand how to use the call at thing and how to get it to work? and i cant work out how to make the track layout i saw in one of your tutorials where it had two tracks going off into four with a crossover on the outside track over the second to create a third with track two splitting off and then running along side track three to make track four. i cant think of any way else to explain it :-S

got the call at command going now after reading the faq. one thing is still bugging me and thats that track layout and making it that i explained before?

one thing is still bugging me and thats that track layout and making it that i explained before?

...and i cant work out how to make the track layout i saw in one of your tutorials where it had two tracks going off into four with a crossover on the outside track over the second to create a third with track two splitting off and then running along side track three to make track four.

Are you sure you want to introduce a crossing track? This will cause problems with AI drivers unless you use the diamond crossing rule which I found was harder to get working than the junctions or stations.

yes i would really like to make a crossing track. i love to try things that are really hard in surveyor because i get a big buzz out of it. i want to get really good at fixing problems and learning what this game is capable of and then i will go on to make my first proper route. i am going to start work on one of the branch lines tonight hopefully and start posting this to the website.

Back