Is this allowed?

gooper1

YOLT.You Only Like Trains
Ok,I wanted the class 170 and 377 for trainz,but the site which is rail waves has stopped vending,and I want to ask,is doing this allowed?Ok,so I get onto web archive,type in railwaves,then the railwaves site from 2007 loads,then I click on a train I want,and then I can buy it with PayPal.Is this allowed as I don't know:/

Even if it is allowed, I would not risk it for the world. The archive has parts of websites, but I seriously doubt it will have any of the safety certificates that would make your paypal transaction even close to safe (if it would even work).
Feels a bit like throwing money out of a driving car and than hoping the right person will find it.

Even if it is allowed, I would not risk it for the world. The archive has parts of websites, but I seriously doubt it will have any of the safety certificates that would make your paypal transaction even close to safe (if it would even work).
Feels a bit like throwing money out of a driving car and than hoping the right person will find it.

So it's allowed,but the certificates might not be there,seems legit:/

I did not say it is allowed (nor am I saying it is not allowed). I am saying "even if it would be allowed, it most probably does not work and has some serious security risks".

Just because something looks "legit", does not mean it is.

Hi

There is no site to make a payment to. It was taken down a few years ago so if you make a payment to a copy of the site on the wayback machine in my opinion you will be throwing your money away and would be much better donating it to a worthy charity.

Regards

Brian

Railwaves does not exist, all that exists is an archived web page, no downloads just old web pages, the actual servers no longer exist. Railwaves is dead, never to return. You can't pay a non existent company!

Railwaves does not exist, all that exists is an archived web page, no downloads just old web pages, the actual servers no longer exist. Railwaves is dead, never to return. You can't pay a non existent company!

I know,but what happened to the owner?

So it's allowed,but the certificates might not be there,seems legit:/

Think of it this way:

You are asking if you can walk up to an abandoned building and attempt to buy something from it by slipping some cash under the locked door, even tho no one has been there for years.

There isn't anything stopping you from trying it, but it isn't a good idea.

peter

Back