Is There an Explanation of Commands Somewhere?

I am trying to understand commands. Some, I figure out by trial and error. Others I do not understand at all.

Is there an explanation of all of the commands somewhere?

If not, here a few that are bothering me:

What does "STW DRIVE" do?

What is the difference between "Drive to" and "Navigate to" ?

Thank you
Dean

Some commands have been created for a particular route but will also work on other routes aswell. They may have extra bits that they can do that the original could'nt. Drive and navigate are the same in that they tell your driver to go to point **. The slight difference is one should go the most direct way while the other may find other ways to get there if it comes up against an obstruction (so ive read).

"STW" - "Start Train Working".

"STW DRIVE" when placed alongside a driver, in the grey box at the bottom of the screen in "DRIVER", the train will drive along a route without switching switches or altering anything within your route, it is the same as "DRIVE" or "DRIVE TO" or "NAVIGATE TO".

Say you have a route, that goes from Portal to Portal, and in-between you have goods yards that you mess around in, shunting trucks and so on, now you might want some rail traffic to go by, while you shunt trucks, all you do is use the "STW DRIVE" on the trains you want to drive by.

You can add the "WAIT FOR 10 SECONDS/MINUTES" or so on, before the "STW" command. You can even use this before setting up in sessions in Surveyor through Portals. After the "WAIT FOR 10 SECONDS/MINUTES" time has passed, the train will start to move, and will go right throughout your route without changing anything in your route, when you use the "STW" command, make sure there is a path for the train to follow, or it will get stuck, and then ask for your help.

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
What is the difference between "Drive to" and "Navigate to" ?
This has been debated a lot. I find that when using the "DRIVE TO" command the driver will take the shortest route between point A and point B. He will stop and wait for clearance if needed. "NAVIGATE TO" finds a clear path from A to B. If it gets blocked along the way it will search for another path even if it has to back up a few mile to take a different route.
Carl

Adding to what Lewis just posted. Personally I prefer "Drive" as opposed to "Navigate". I find "Drive" gives you more control over the AI,s route. With "Navigate" the AI tends to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to get to it's next trackmark. Back to to Konstantin's post. I,m not aware of a listing for AI commands with an explanation. I think there should be which is one of many areas that the manual falls down on. As it is the only other source are these very useful forums. But the drawback with the forums is that the information is not in one place, it is scattered around in various posts. And not all commands will be posted in ay case. Food for thought.

Driveto uses drivetocommand.gs and drivetoschedulecommand.gs scripts.
Navigateto uses Navigatetocommand.gs and Navigatetoschedulecommand.gs scripts.
I've compared the driveto and navigateto scripts line by line and they appear to be identical so their behavior should be the same.

Bob Weber

The best that you can do is look em up in Content Manager and view the Config.txt file to read the description.

Bob Weber

Adding my 2 cents, I think Auran should require a full explanation of a rule/command before it is allowed on the DLS. I have seen rules/commands on the DLS that have ??????? as their Username, what's up with that? Who fell asleep on the DLS desk, check out [FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]400260:71008:2 on the DLS!

John
[/FONT]

Drivers commands

I will start a list of commands that i know of and what they do.If you have a command that not listed post it and i'll add it to the list and mabe we will get them all in one place.(mabe become a sticky)

= UnCouplezFrom <kuid2:147570:80008:1>
Will decouple from a car at a # 0-20 with the engine being #0 so if you wanted the 5th car from the engine to be decoupled you give the cammand to decouple and choose #5.

= DECOUPLE (built-in all virsions) will give you a list of the vehicles in the consist of the AI driver you are giving the command to. Select which vehicle you want the AI driver to uncouple from.

= Decouple number # <kuid:66277:80005>This will uncouple from the 40th car in the train to to the engine. So giving this command with a 39 will leave one car. Give a command of 20 will drop off 20 cars.so on so forth.

= LOAD -(built-in) will load passengers from a passenger enabled station platform onto a pasenger enabled train or items of goods onto relevant rail cars or wagons, eg COAL at a COAL MINE.

UNLOAD -(built-in) will unload some passengers from a passenger enabled train onto a passenger enabled platform, and unload items of goods from relevant rail cars or wagons at unload points along the route, eg COAL at a POWER STATION.

TERMINATE PASSENGER TRAIN <kuid2:116387:16:1> will terminate a passenger train by unloading all passengers of a passenger enabled train, leaving the coach, coaches or entire train empty, ideal for end of the day working, and storing the train in a siding overnight.

WAIT FOR (built-in) is a time command, this is a time limit for the train to wait before going ahead with commands, wait for command includes anything from "WAIT FOR 30 SECONDS" to "WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES", you can even have your train waiting longer "WAIT FOR 1 HOUR", this is ideal if you have a long route that may take you more than an hour to get through.
= WaitForTrigger ? <kuid2:57344:80001:3>
Does what it says, it waits for a trigger to be activated somewhere on the route. Most often it is used in a manner similar to the other wait commands but in this case it waits for the trigger. The command is pretty "dumb" in that it just interrupts the processing of driver commands until the trigger is activated. Skillful programming of the trigger can let you do some neat things. An example of its use would be to have a AI train waiting for a meet just out of sight until the players train takes the siding and trips the trigger which would allow the AI train to approach and pass the player's train on the mainline.
= WaitUntil ? <kuid:41009:900005>
This causes a train to wait until a certain time is reached on the game clock. For example: wait until 10:35 am. When the clock reaches the set time the command is completed.

= Wait Until Minute ? <kuid:178892:80003>
Same as above but different author. This command only reads the minutes on the clock so it can be used to make something wait say 10 minutes after the hour of any hour.
=ReleaseJunction ? <kuid:131986:210012>
Description:
A driver command that lets a driver to release the junction he/she has been holding (using the WaitForJunctionPermit command). This command along with
WaitForJunctionPermi command help eliminate the fight between the drivers taking the same
long single track line (with branches) to move from one station (Station A) to another
(Station B). Here is how these commands work: (1) Create a (dummy) junction that is disconnected from the main rail network between Stations A and B, for example.
(2) Give the dummy junction a unique name such as PathAtoB. (3) For all drivers stationed at both ends of PathAtoB, use WaitForJunctionPermit command to ask permissions to hold junction PathAtoB. Make sure that you choose junction PathAtoB in the menu. (4) Use this command to release the junction as soon as the driver, one at a time reach their desired destination on the opposite ends. Also, make sure that you choose the correcth junction (junction PathAtoB) using this command. With this command along with ReleaseJunction command, the drivers waiting on both ends of a path are given permissions in the order in which the permissions are requested. Thus only one driver at a time can use the entire path before a second driver is given permission. Note that using this command for a regular junction in the rail network may result in unexpected behavior. Use this command to release dummy junctions.

= Path Command ? <kuid2:71155:60007:4>
Description:
The path rule extends the routing of trains in TRS. It allows the definition of user defined paths which can be set by a driver command.

This command is used in driver sessions to set paths for a train. Due to limitations in TRS it is not possible to use paths in conjunction with the builtin driver commands. You should use the autopilot command instead.

For more information about the path rule and how to use the command in your sessions, see http://www.mutton.de/trainz/pathrule

= pantz ? <kuid66277:80004>
Raises or lowers the pantagraph on electric locos with operating pantagraphs.

= notify (built-in)
Sends a message to the console message panel in Driver. The same place you look to see the message when your driver icon has a red ! over it. Most often used to signal that a AI train has reached a destination.

= Hornz <kuid:66277:80001> will blow the horn with this command.
Blows the horn.

= Change Destination Sign ? <kuid2:208616:99003:1>
DriverCommand to change the destination sign of vehicles, designed to use this command. Passenger trains outside of the US often have signs on the front of the lead loco that indicates where the train is traveling to so that passengers at stations will know what train to get on. Same concept as buses use. This command has limited use since it requires a loco which has changeable signs.

= notify (built-in)Notify you when a driver has compled his commands.

= Hornz <kuid:66277:80001> will blow the horn with this command.

= Change Destination Sign ? <kuid2:208616:99003:1>

= UnCouplez <kuid:66277:80000> This will decouple engine(s) from train.

= Couple at trackmark <kuid2:57145:1100:1>means the AI driver will stop close to a consist in the vicinity the selected trackmark then speed up to 5mph and couple to it.

= instant load <kuid2:67585:1017:1> will load all cars in train with default products.

=instant unload <kuid2:67585:1021:1>will unload all cars in the train.

=Train Product Infromation <kuid:478639:1058>This will show you what the train is hauling how many tons.by right clicking on any driver you can see what that train is carring without leaving the train you are driving or with.

=Stop Train kuid:131986:150150>this command will stop the train set the breaks. good when uncoupling so the cars don't roll away.

="DRIVE TO" I find that when using this command the driver will take the shortest route between point A and point B. He will stop and wait for clearance if needed.

= "NAVIGATE TO" finds a clear path from A to B. If it gets blocked along the way it will search for another path even if it has to back up a few mile to take a different route.

Last edited:
I use to have STW DRIVE Command in ver 9, but somehow I can't find it, where is it located, kuid?

John

Ok, I found it, It's built in.

John

Last edited:
Adding my 2 cents, I think Auran should require a full explanation of a rule/command before it is allowed on the DLS. I have seen rules/commands on the DLS that have ??????? as their Username, what's up with that? Who fell asleep on the DLS desk, check out [FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]400260:71008:2 on the DLS!

John
[/FONT]

It's a translation problem. The creator used the Cyrillic alphabet and the DLS didn't understand it.

William

STW Drive

Hi there - STW Drive was created by Swedish Trainz Works hence the name.

It is the same as Drive but not Drive To or Navigate to as it doesn't change junctions.

These explanations should be entered into the Wiki where they can be concentrated in one place. I would like to create a new page but am not confident enough to do so.

If somebody more used to editing the Wiki would be so kind then I am sure the page could be expanded with the help of all interested parties.

Trevor

STW Drive command

I think the main difference between Drive and STW Drive is when you issue Drive, there is no indication on the schedule bar while issuing the STW Drive command will put the STW Drive icon on the schedule bar as a reminder of the mode that loco is in.

Bob Weber

Couple at trackmark means the AI driver will stop close to a consist in the vicinity the selected trackmark then speed up to 5mph and couple to it. DECOUPLE will give you a list of the vehicles in the consist of the AI driver you are giving the command to. Select which vehicle you want the AI driver to uncouple from. There is also a command to set the maximum speed of a train available from the DLS. I think it is called SET MAXIMUM SPEED

LOAD - will load passengers from a passenger enabled station platform onto a pasenger enabled train or items of goods onto relevant rail cars or wagons, eg COAL at a COAL MINE.

UNLOAD - will unload some passengers from a passenger enabled train onto a passenger enabled platform, and unload items of goods from relevant rail cars or wagons at unload points along the route, eg COAL at a POWER STATION.

TERMINATE PASSENGER TRAIN - will terminate a passenger train by unloading all passengers of a passenger enabled train, leaving the coach, coaches or entire train empty, ideal for end of the day working, and storing the train in a siding overnight.

WAIT FOR - is a time command, this is a time limit for the train to wait before going ahead with commands, wait for command includes anything from "WAIT FOR 30 SECONDS" to "WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES", you can even have your train waiting longer "WAIT FOR 1 HOUR", this is ideal if you have a long route that may take you more than an hour to get through.

Hope these help

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
Back