Irritating problems in Surveyor today!

jameswiggin

Hi all,
Well I decided to build a round house on my custom route today and spent about 2 hours or so on it. Well for some reason all locos derail entering and exiting the turntable. Im using the AJS turntable and turntable stubs with just the rails only default track included with sim. So, I decided to build a test turntable and hooked up about 7 rails with locos and tested it out quickly and it work with no flaws. Thats my first problem. 2nd one was when I deleted the old turn table, stubs and rail to start clean the grid is now different for objects. Lets see if I can explain what I mean. The first turntable also had a separate building placed overhead and lined up with the doors quite nice. Now the turntable is griding on center with the grey line inside the yellow grid spots rather than before which it straddled the yellow grid line. I hope this makes sense what Im trying to explain.

Does anyone know why this is or how to correct it? Also I wish there was a way to move objects 1/2 yellow grid square rather than 1 full.:confused:

I have had the problem with derailment before...I had to delete the stub and reconnect it and that fixed it. Also, turntables will only snap to large grid square because they are creating a "dighole"...this is the same reason certain tunnels act.this way unless you edit height in config to -1....this may work on turntables? maybe some content creators.can chime in :)

I too found that the AJS turntable, stub, and roundhouse can be very temperamental. The elements "snap" into position, but if you inadvertently "bump" a piece when trying to select something else and move it even a hair out of place, the connection is broken and trains will indeed derail. Reposition the offending pieces and see if that doesn't work. They may look like they are in place, but actually are not.

I too found that the AJS turntable, stub, and roundhouse can be very temperamental. The elements "snap" into position, but if you inadvertently "bump" a piece when trying to select something else and move it even a hair out of place, the connection is broken and trains will indeed derail. Reposition the offending pieces and see if that doesn't work. They may look like they are in place, but actually are not.
Thanks guys for the response. I simply deleted the entire turntable and track and will redo. All trains would derail went enterring the section of track where the stub connects to rails. Im assuming the problem was with turntable. Upon deleting the turntable, placing a new one in its place would not work due to the gridding changing by half a grid placement. Weird.

I haven't actually used this for a while but if memory serves the behaviour was something like this:

If you move or rotate the turntable with tracks attached the tracks move with the turntable but the actual links are broken, that is everything looks OK but trains derail. However if you then move or rotate it again everything somehow gets fixed. So the trick is to move it in two stages. There wasn't anything I could do about this problem, it seems to be endemic with turntables and fixed track.

Here is a shot of how the gridding has changed for these 2 items. They once were on the same grid until I had to delete my original turntable due to derailment issues. Now they no longer line up and cannot be used together unless you curve the track into the door which leaves undesirable look as does rotating the building.

Here is a shot showing the stubs attached to the turntable. They all snapped into place as they should. The trains derail on all tracks at outer edge of turntable where stone look is. Im baffled.

Real stupid thought but I just found my turntable and stubs in CM and they are UK region. Would hooking up US rails or other region effect this as it would in real life since widths vary? I just assumed the game would work with any and all rails mixed and matched.

What build of TS12 are you using? I believe SP1 caused this derailment problem at turntables but it was corrected in the hot fixes.

Do I understand it correctly that you want one of the tracks coming off the turntable to align with the doorway in the building? This seems like a really stupid question, but why can't you move the building to align? Or are there "dig holes" inside for the under-car inspection pits below the tracks?

Also, can you tell if the derailment is happening when it crosses from the track to the stub or from the stub to the turntable proper?

Im on the newest version I think. 58414. Sorry guys Ive had this only about 2 weeks and trying to learn all I can from the community. NJCurmudgeon, I want the door to line up with the turntable as it did a few days ago, however my trains derail enterring the table so I deleted it and tried to redo it and now the gridding is as seen above. Also, there is a way to make the inspection pits? That would be awesome. And the derailment occurs where the track meets the stub.

It does though. It conforms to that grid and the turntable center in in center of yellow grid block. If you understand what Im trying to say

Back