Invisible Track

It's good for drivable planes, ships and cars. also it's good for adding onto the ends of track that ends so that if you accidentally go off the end of the track, you don't de-rail.

Invisable track. And why is there so many. thanks funnnyfarm

Must admit the same question has crossed my mind I came to the conclusion that language was one problem and lets face it a lot of members have ask as to where you find the built in invisible track, there certainly appears to be a need for separate ones for scenery splines, it also helps stop the wrong ones snapping together
Bob V

You can also use Invisible Track to allow Trackside Objects to appear in siuations where they wouldn't normally appear, as I described recently in "Tips And Tricks Surveyor".

Same as Trackplate, I've also wondered why need so many versions of invisible track or other splines - especially when YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO SEE IT!!!!! :eek: (that's an embrassement smiley? - looks more like rolleyes which is what I want)

EDIT: The easiest invisible track to use is Auran's default red track!

PS: Now if someone can figure out how to see it when viewing the map in when you're driving (I meant the map, not the layout in driver before any one mentions that!)

Last edited:
Invisible track is also often used for fixed track objects like bridges and level crossings. I guess many creators of these things created their own, rather than using someone else's (though why I don't know - perhaps a concern that they would need permission to reference them in their own assets).

I seem to remember that for TRS06 and above there is a tag 'visibleonminimap' or something like that that makes an invisible track visible on the mini-map. I'm pretty certain that it can't be done in TRS04. You could cheat with a track that had it's mesh so far below the actual line of the track that you never saw it, but then it wouldn't actually be invisible. It also might be possible to make an entirely transparent track...

Paul

All moveable bridges use invisible track.
Why?
1. If you try to put real track on the moveable part, it won't move when the structure opens and closes (or I've never been able to get it to move). Looks really dumb hanging in the air with no bridge around it, lol.
2. If you could get it to move there is no certainty it would "connect" to the track on the non-moveable parts (derailments here we come).

What you see on moveable bridges is fake track (parts that look like ties and rails but aren't). A train actually crosses the span on invisible track. This means if you go too fast the bridge can still be partially open when the engine gets to the moveable part or if you go too slow, the bridge will start to open back up before the caboose gets off the moveable part. They will be magically floating in the air but won't derail.

Ben

Last edited:
It's also good if the bridge is out. I've used invisible track to "jump" over the chasm. I've even used invisible track to fly across an empty space between two unconnected baseboards.

:cool: Claude

Hi Claude:

Ya know what might be interesing to try? Connect two separated baseboards with a really long span bridge. I don't think I've made one long enough but I seem to remember seeing a really really long suspension bridge on the DLS which might work. The center span would have to be around 2300 ft.

Ben

Hi Claude:

Ya know what might be interesing to try? Connect two separated baseboards with a really long span bridge. I don't think I've made one long enough but I seem to remember seeing a really really long suspension bridge on the DLS which might work. The center span would have to be around 2300 ft.

Ben

That would be one heck of a scary ride going over the empty chasm on an very long bridge like that.

John

Back