Interesting Find on YouTube...

sawyer811

MKT Forever and always
not sure if this should go in the "trainz videos" thread, but it makes a bit more sense here, so, here goes.

This is an interesting video i found on YouTube. Apparently it's actually one of six or seven, as there's several others like it. It shows the train from "Unstoppable" and 1206 trying to stop it, but the consist is, well...interesting. the 1206 doesn't look like the one ckfourlego did, and the cars on the train look interesting, some even look photskinned. And 777 and 767 look like they've been taken directly out of MSTS. Some of the autmobiles in the video do too.

Here, see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cCcGvuCuS4&feature=fvwkrel

It's just interesting, i'm not sure i can find any other word to describe it other than that. I've never seen any of the rolling stock anywhere on the forums announced or talked about, so i'm actually intrigued as to where it came from. some look like simple reskins, some look photoskinned, and some look like they were taken from MSTS like the engines appear to be. Just thought i'd share this with you, see what you think.

Interesting how the cars swapped sides after the bend. They must have jumped over the train. Sack the continuity girl.

Peter

not sure if this should go in the "trainz videos" thread, but it makes a bit more sense here, so, here goes.

This is an interesting video i found on YouTube. Apparently it's actually one of six or seven, as there's several others like it. It shows the train from "Unstoppable" and 1206 trying to stop it, but the consist is, well...interesting. the 1206 doesn't look like the one ckfourlego did, and the cars on the train look interesting, some even look photskinned. And 777 and 767 look like they've been taken directly out of MSTS. Some of the autmobiles in the video do too.

Here, see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cCcGvuCuS4&feature=fvwkrel

It's just interesting, i'm not sure i can find any other word to describe it other than that. I've never seen any of the rolling stock anywhere on the forums announced or talked about, so i'm actually intrigued as to where it came from. some look like simple reskins, some look photoskinned, and some look like they were taken from MSTS like the engines appear to be. Just thought i'd share this with you, see what you think.

He has stated that almost everything in those videos is a personal reskin. I actually watched that today too :p

Steve

You can transpose the config file tags: scenery, commodity, engine, trackside, tags, and make any item into any type.

Or clone the Driveable Superadaptor and rename it, and put the police car kuid, in the config file alias kuid line.

The small stampede of emergency vehicles, all coupled together, baja-ing through the brush & cornfields, was amusing. :hehe:

Not to sure about it being MSTS. The vehicles in MSTS have bounding box's which prevents one vehicle from passing through another. In this video there are several instances where this happens with the cars which are a kind traincar.
And does MSTS have speed tree's? The last time I played it they didn't as I recall. And the trees in the video are diffidently moving like speed trees.
It may be Railsim though, I don't know much about that sim.
You'd probably be surprised how may movies are made this way.

It's not MSTS - I recognised several Trainz secenery objects, and the yellow "Xes" above the "derailed" cars.

Not to sure about it being MSTS. The vehicles in MSTS have bounding box's which prevents one vehicle from passing through another. In this video there are several instances where this happens with the cars which are a kind traincar.
And does MSTS have speed tree's? The last time I played it they didn't as I recall. And the trees in the video are diffidently moving like speed trees.
It may be Railsim though, I don't know much about that sim.
You'd probably be surprised how may movies are made this way.

I knew it wasn't MSTS, i was just saying some of the content appears as if it came from there. Anyway, It is a good movie, interesting too.

Back