"Installed, Payware (not active)" status for cloned Midwestern Rails route

whywon

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I cloned and modified the Midwestern Rails route to add personal touches to it. After a couple of weeks away from Trainz, I've come back to find that my cloned route isn't playable due to the "Installed, Payware (not active)" status even though the original route is still downloaded and playable. I'm a Gold subscription member and my login details are correct and working and I've tried logging out and back in. I've put a lot of hours into the route modifications and continual session that I run with it so any help would be appreciated.

My understanding (untested) of the process for cloned routes and sessions is that if the update has occurred in the normal manner (e.g. <kuid:1234:5678> updated to <kuid2:1234:5678:1>) then it should not affect any clones - they should still work. But if the update has used a different kuid asset code (e.g. <kuid:1234:5678> updated to <kuid:1234:8765>) then any clones made using <kuid:1234:5678> will no longer work. But, as I mentioned, this understanding is untested.

Pware your assumption is correct, cloned routes will not work once updated and will require the route to be cloned again and any changes redone. The cloned route looks for a specific kuid and even if upversioned with a kuid2 will not work. I gave up on cloning payware routes for that very reason.
The one thing I haven't tried is editing the config of the clone to match the updated kuid, maybe that would work.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
This is very disappointing. I've cloned another route by the same author (Centrella Sub) and never had issues. Perhaps it's because I cloned Midwestern Rails when it was in preview pass and now it's been released. I like to edit routes by updating crossings to TRC, creating trackmarks that AI trains can follow, etc. which I was well underway with for Midwestern Rails. I also created a large, map-wide session for it, populating the route with consists and giving attention to almost every industry. Countless hours...

Perhaps it's because I cloned Midwestern Rails when it was in preview pass and now it's been released.

The lesson here is probably to avoid making changes to Alpha, Beta and now, it seems, Preview versions of routes or of any assets in general.

Just wanted to give an update for anyone that's curious. I contacted N3V support and they responded with a message saying to try editing the KUID of the route. I opened the config text of my cloned route and updated the "privileges { is-payware-content" KUID to match the most recent version of the base route. This worked and my cloned route is now unlocked and playable. Thank you all for the responses!

Back