I'm back to Trainz after Rail Simulator was disappointing

Since you have already purchased The Complete Collection, why ask which is better?....Which recommendations would you listen to..? You decided to focus on the negative posts and ignore the positive posts in your decision on 2009...you previously owned TRS06 and was frustrated with it to the point of dumping it. That's first hand experience....but yet you still bought it again. Stick with what you have for now...otherwise you'll be running around in circles...:cool:

I lost my copy of TRS 2006. I also saw that not much was downloaded onto CMP for '09. I saw that Best Buy had Trainz: The complete collection for $8 and I had a gift card with $3 bucks left on it, so I figure I would give trainz another try (try, as in trying to understand the CMP).

I thought I loaded the Disney content from the folder and it's missing some tracks and the actual monorail. I saw Im missing 9 dependencies and this is were my roadblock is...how do I find the missing dependencies. I have my CMP set to auto-commit.

Finding dependencies in 2006 is very simple. First right click on the asset and check dependencies and it will tell you if any are on the DLS. Then move the route that you have to the download helper and let it search for dependencies and when ? mark disappears then start and it will load all it can find on the DLS.

The rest is a matter of searching the internet for them. With a working CMP downloading dependencies is very simple. Of course not everybody has a working CMP.

Back