Ignoring Red Signal

railsong

:(I am building a route using TANE build 80201 (SP1). My AI consists seem to ignore Red Signals. I didn't have this problem with TS12. The info window up in the right hand upper corner lists Next Signal as Yellow when I can clearly see that it is Red. This causes problems for trains entering a block with a Red Signal when there is another train in the same block ahead. Also causes problems at junctions where another train is coming, say on the main line which is through for that train coming on the main line. The other train coming from a branch has a Red Signal, but proceeds through it anyway. Is there some setting that I could change that would stop an AI train proceeding through a Red Signal that I am missing? This sure isn't realistic in the real world. Causes a lot of collisions. I can't figure out how to change this so the train would stop at the Red Signal. The only time the info window shows a Next Signal Red is when the train is setting at a yard track waiting for the next command to proceed on the route. All the way through the route a Red Signal shows up in the info window as a Next Signal Yellow. The info window only shows Next Signal Yellow or Next Signal Green all the way through the route. It never specifies a Next Red Signal. Could this be a bug? Let me know if anyone has this problem with the New Era application....Thanks.....

This might be a bug.

If you can install 80260, you may see something different. N3V did work on some of the signal logic in that build and for me, anyway, the signals seem to be working better with the HUD now indicating the proper aspect for the signal ahead, which wasn't always the case before.

So far I've had a test session running for 90 minutes without any issues. I even jumped in and switched freight cars, got in the way of the AI and they act similar to how they did in TS12.

John

This might be a bug.

If you can install 80260, you may see something different. N3V did work on some of the signal logic in that build and for me, anyway, the signals seem to be working better with the HUD now indicating the proper aspect for the signal ahead, which wasn't always the case before.

So far I've had a test session running for 90 minutes without any issues. I even jumped in and switched freight cars, got in the way of the AI and they act similar to how they did in TS12.

John

Where do I find the 80260? I can only find the 80201 (SP1). I have the standard version of TANE. Maybe I need the Deluxe version....:)

Are you using absolute signals or permissive.
Good point. I haven't paid attention to that. How do you know if it is absolute or permissive? I have looked in CM and can't find any mention of absolute or permissive. The signals I am using are: (Signal USA1 05-3A, <kuid:523:19721235>), (Signal USA1 02, <kuid:-1224002>), (Signal USA1 02L, <kuid:-1224012>). If you know of any absolute signals I would appreciate it if you could lead me to them. Also if you could tell me how I determine if the signals are absolute or permissive. Thanks.......

Good point. I haven't paid attention to that. How do you know if it is absolute or permissive? I have looked in CM and can't find any mention of absolute or permissive. The signals I am using are: (Signal USA1 05-3A, <kuid:523:19721235>), (Signal USA1 02, <kuid:-1224002>), (Signal USA1 02L, <kuid:-1224012>). If you know of any absolute signals I would appreciate it if you could lead me to them. Also if you could tell me how I determine if the signals are absolute or permissive. Thanks.......

In general a permissive signal will have a small black sign on the post. Type 05s are permissive signals.

Your signals you used are:

Type 02 - Diverging Signal

Type 05 - Permissive.

When you have a junction, you need to put in an absolute or Type 04 on the two tracks coming together to keep the trains from running through the junction. You can use one on a lesser busy track and keep the mainline unsignaled at that point if you wish.

Here's a quick guide to signal types:

Type 02/06 - Diverging Signal
Type 03 - Advance
Type 04 - Absolute
Type 05 - Permissive
Type 01/08 - Interlocking

Where the numbers are separated with a slash, it depends upon whether you are using the built-in, left side, or those by Jointed Rail, which I highly recommend.

Here's my signaling guide which works pretty well most of the time. Sorry for the bad drawing; I never said I was a graphic artist and Paint works very well for stuff like this, though drawing in Paint is like drawing with a fat crayon in kindergarten.

The black inverted T's are the bases of the signals and the lights face you if you are on the ground looking at them....

In general a permissive signal will have a small black sign on the post. Type 05s are permissive signals.

Type 05 - Permissive.

When you have a junction, you need to put in an absolute or Type 04 on the two tracks coming together to keep the trains from running through the junction. You can use one on a lesser busy track and keep the mainline unsignaled at that point if you wish.

Type 03 - Advance
Type 04 - Absolute
Type 05 - Permissive

Where the numbers are separated with a slash, it depends upon whether you are using the built-in, left side, or those by Jointed Rail, which I highly recommend.

Here's my signaling guide which works pretty well most of the time. Sorry for the bad drawing; I never said I was a graphic artist and Paint works very well for stuff like this, though drawing in Paint is like drawing with a fat crayon in kindergarten.
Thanks so much for the info. Looks like I have been using permissive signals. I will replace those and see what happens..I have been using these for some time, but with TANE I have been having problems...So nice to get your kind of input. Thanks again....

You are welcome.

I'm glad I can help. :)

T:ANE is a bit more particular with signals, which might be the reason for your problem now and not before though I've been using this method since my TRS2006 days at least without too many issues with the AI.

John

You are welcome.

I'm glad I can help. :)

T:ANE is a bit more particular with signals, which might be the reason for your problem now and not before though I've been using this method since my TRS2006 days at least without too many issues with the AI.

John

I have changed my darn permissive signals with signals I did download from Jointed Rail. Everything is working great now.....Happy New Year and Thanks again....
Mel:)

signaling guide

Type 05 - Permissive.

Type 03 - Advance
Type 04 - Absolute
Type 05 - Permissive

The black inverted T's are the bases of the signals and the lights face you if you are on the ground looking at them....

i cant see your signaling guide :(:(

i cant see your signaling guide :(:(

Here:

GFR7ghz.jpg

Now that matches my educational/intellectual level. Really, for some reason this brings clarity to the jumble of attempts to describe individual signalling scenarios.
Thanks,
Dick

Back