I saw some Trainz-like action today!

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I was over at the Haverhill station doing some train watching, and this was a pretty busy day considering it's Thanksgiving.

On the westbound (north toward Portland, ME) side a small mixed freight proceeded north while the Amtrak Downeaster pulled into the station going eastbound (south to Boston). [1]

Just as the Amtrak train pulled out, the Haverhill train from Boston pulled in and unloaded passengers on the westbound side. This is the terminus for the commuter rail. After the train emptied, it proceeded westbound to the crossover, located way up the line almost to Rosemont, over to the eastbound side, switched directions, and then down to the platform to pick-up a good number of passengers for Boston.

It was pretty cool to see this much activity as this line is pretty quiet, and the freights usually don't run during the day. I didn't take any pictures though because the T police have been around harassing people about carrying cameras in and around the platforms.

John

[1] To confuse this even more, the MBTA (T) calls these Inbound and Outbound like they do for their subway and trolley (lightrail) lines. Inbound = to Boston, Outbound = away from Boston.I used the old B&M route directions.

Back