I need an asset for Ray Whileys QuadArts

Mick_Berg

Hi.
I've just downloaded Ray Whiley's new QuadArt articulated Gresleys, but they include a built-in asset, kuid -3:10061, which I don't have. Would someone be kind enough to send me that as a cdp?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

I've sent you an email, Mick.

John

The missing KUID is a BR Mk1 bogey which is a built-in object from TRS2004 - unfortunately I had no means of checking that this was available in other versions of Trainz. I used it as I'm not sufficiently skilled in GMax/Trainz Creation Studio to make anything more correct. It could be replaced by any other suitable British bogey - a proper Gresley would be ideal!

My apologies for referencing something not available to all, but I hope this helps. By the way, can a built-in object be sent to others in any way?

Ray

Ray,

I don't think it is a big issue, as that asset is available in TRS2006 and TS2009, but not in the TC series as far as I know.

The problem is that even though people have bought the older versions, they don't always have them installed as they are using TC3 for instance, and don't have ready access to the built-ins.

As for Gresley bogeys, Andi06 has made some Gresley coaches with proper bogies including articulated ones. His site is here:

http://www.ajsmith.nildram.co.uk/trs/stock08.shtml

regards
stovepipe

Last edited:
Hi.
I have all Andi's Gresleys, very nice they are too. Trouble is the only articulated ones are the dining car-kitchen set. I'll try to swop out the bogies and see what happens. I always wondered how those articulated half-bogies were done.

JCitron, I haven't received an email. I'll look for it in my spam folder, that happens frequently. Or do you mean a PM?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Ray,

I don't think it is a big issue, as that asset is available in TRS2006 and TS2009, but not in the TC series as far as I know.

The problem is that even though people have bought the older versions, they don't always have them installed as they are using TC3 for instance, and don't have ready access to the built-ins.

As for Gresley bogeys, Andi06 has made some Gresley coaches with proper bogies including articulated ones. His site is here:

http://www.ajsmith.nildram.co.uk/trs/stock08.shtml

regards
stovepipe

Many thanks for this information, stovepipe.

Ray

Hi.
I have all Andi's Gresleys, very nice they are too. Trouble is the only articulated ones are the dining car-kitchen set. I'll try to swop out the bogies and see what happens. I always wondered how those articulated half-bogies were done.

JCitron, I haven't received an email. I'll look for it in my spam folder, that happens frequently. Or do you mean a PM?

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Hi Mick,

I emailed you via the forum. Essentially all I need is your email address. Please email me. My email address is available in my profile.

John

There is more correspondence on this subject in the Freeware Announcements section, but for anyone who has not followed it I am pleased to say that andi06 has offered versions of his Gresley bogeys without the gangways which are part of the originals for his articulated stock. When these are available to all, I will amend my QuadArts and twin sets (suburban ie. non-corridor stock) to take advantage of this kind offer. I have also noticed that at some angles there is a white flash at the corner of the QuadArts and I will correct this on any update.

Ray

Back