HST speed query....

ccanupii

I have set up a 40 mile HST in my layout. I have the track dedicated to the train nad I have signaled the track about every mile. The posted speed shows currectly on the driver control but the when the AI drives the train from point a to point b it start to slow down about halfway across the route. I have reduced speed limits place 2 miles before the stations to slow the train in incriments every half mile until it reaches 40mph. Anyone have any ideas why the AI is slowing the train halfway across the route?

Where's the nearest signal?

AI trains dislike going too far without signals - generally slowing to half the permitted line speed when there hasn't been a signal for a while.

If you don't want to clutter your line with "unnecessary" signals, there is a "Signal Invisible" available on the DLS which you place with the letter "S" facing the train!

Hope that helps you!

Ian

Where's the nearest signal?

AI trains dislike going too far without signals - generally slowing to half the permitted line speed when there hasn't been a signal for a while.

If you don't want to clutter your line with "unnecessary" signals, there is a "Signal Invisible" available on the DLS which you place with the letter "S" facing the train!

Hope that helps you!

Ian

I will try that tonight and see if it solves the problem. For the most part my signals area about 1 mile apart starting from the station.

Hi ccanupii,

To avoid the AI driver slowing too soon try placing a trackmark about half a mile before the destination and in the driver's orders tell him to drive via this trackmark. AI drivers often slow down if their next command is a drive to command, therefore a drive via will keep them going at the speedlimit until they get the drive to command.

Hope this helps,
Bill69

Hi ccanupii,

To avoid the AI driver slowing too soon try placing a trackmark about half a mile before the destination and in the driver's orders tell him to drive via this trackmark. AI drivers often slow down if their next command is a drive to command, therefore a drive via will keep them going at the speedlimit until they get the drive to command.

Hope this helps,
Bill69

This has cleared up the loosing speed issue. Thank you for your help.

Back