How would trainz run with these specs?

arose1228

What would trainz (2010-ts120) run like with these specs? Im assuming i can run them at their highest settings with no lag? How about the frame-rate? Im estimating at least a 35+ frame rate count since it supposedly would play blackops at highest settings at 40+ frame rate...

Thoughts please?

Gaming Computer & Gaming PC : Edge™ Z40
Base Price: 949.00 Your Price: 1198 Weight: 70 lbs

Case

GX2-W Silver -Velocity Micro Classic Aluminum Case -Full Sized chassis with side window
Power Supply 700 Watt Velocity Micro® Power Supply
Motherboard Asus® P8P67 LE Intel® P67 based chipset, ATX Motherboard
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2400 processor, quad 3.10GHz cores, 6MB Cache (+$10.00)
CPU Cooling Intel® Certified Heatsink/Fan, Thermal Controlled Variable Speed Fan
DDR3 Memory 8GB DDR3-1333 Dual Channel Memory (4 x 2048mb) (+$80.00)

PCX Video 768MB EVGA™ NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 460 GDDR5, PCI-E 2.0 (+$50.00)
Video Tuning Basic 3D Video Performance Tuning & Optimization
TV Tuner None
Monitor None
Audio On-Board Integrated ALC892 8-Channel Audio
Speakers None

Hard Drive 1 1TB 7200rpm 32MB Cache SATA 300 w/NCQ
Hard Drive 2 None
Optical Drive 1 20x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner with LightScribe Labeling Technology, Black
Optical Drive 2 None
Media Reader Integrated 8-in-1 Flash Memory Media Reader

Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000MBps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
Network Adapter 2 or WiFi

802.11n PCI WiFi Adapter (+$10.00)

Adapter
WiFi Router None
FireWire 2 Integrated IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports, 1 front & 1 rear
Bluetooth None
Ports 2 Rear USB 3.0, 6 Rear USB 2.0, FireWire, Audio Out/Mic-in, 2 Rear eSATA

Operating System Genuine Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit w/ SP1

Productivity Software None
Games FREE coupon offer for the FULL game of Batman: Arkham City (while supplies last)
Security Software None

Internal Cables Standard SATA and IDE Cables
Keyboard Velocity Micro™ Slim Multimedia Keyboard -Black, USB
Mouse Velocity Micro™ Optical Mouse -Black, USB
Network Cable None
Digital Camera None
Power Protection None
Battery Backup None

Assembly Immaculate custom hand wiring for ultimate air flow, assembled in Richmond, Virginia, USA
Quality Assurance Individual custom testing for complete system stability, signed by the system builder and QA inspector
Documentation Owner's Manual and Accessory Pack
Installation None
Warranty** 2 Yr Standard Parts & Labor Ltd Warranty, Lifetime Regular Business Hour Support, 2 Yr Depot Repair (+$99.00)
Upgrade Plan Lifetime Upgrade Plan allows you to return your system for maintenance, upgrades, and tuning

As it has a 700 watt PS ... even really expensive super high quality video card would fit in.

A good video card should have 1Gb dedicated graphics memory, or better.

I have a peeuny 300 watt "LiteOff" PS :hehe: and an el cheepodoro 1Gb Galaxy GForce GT420 video card

Last edited:
I think it will run the program as well as any other configuration, but do not get your hopes up based on how it runs another game. Trainz is basically a large unlimited sandbox, and any sandbox will slow down when too much content is placed in a certain scene. In addition, the calculations are not limited to what needs to be rendered that is visible, but also consists, signal and switch states that are not visible, but still active in the session.

I think it will run the program as well as any other configuration, but do not get your hopes up based on how it runs another game. Trainz is basically a large unlimited sandbox, and any sandbox will slow down when too much content is placed in a certain scene. In addition, the calculations are not limited to what needs to be rendered that is visible, but also consists, signal and switch states that are not visible, but still active in the session.

I realize There is a difference but in my experience black ops is extremely more graphics intensive as my current computer runs trainz remarkably well for its specs and black ops crashed it 4 min into the first mission. I do realize the difference that is there.

I recommend an 15-2500(k), the cost difference is very little. Use the auto tuning tool to automatically set up an overclocking profile.

ASUS motherboards are great for that sort of thing.

besides the 2500K processor, I would suggest an Nvidia GTX560 Ti graphics card.

Of course, the buyer will decide based on his budget.

N.F.

A similar question was asked a while ago ago and as I said in the case of the GPU I bought (Palit GTX 460) the price difference between the 768 MB and 1GB versions of the GTX 460 amounted to just £17.
As an earlier poster said you should be looking at 1GB minimum for a new build.

besides the 2500K processor, I would suggest an Nvidia GTX560 Ti graphics card.

Of course, the buyer will decide based on his budget.

N.F.

A 560 would kick butt, but a 460 is easily capable. A 560 with a 700 watt power supply and you will really need to look at how much current you have at +12 volts.

This game is still heavy CPU dependent.

With a GTS450 I can run ECML fine (30 FPS) at 1600 * 900 with the sliders in the middle. But view changes cause serious stutter even with 2x 7200 rpm drives RAID 0.

I recommend sticking with the 460 and save your pennies for a faster hard drive solution.

Be careful with the GTX460 versions.
The 460 SE is a slower edition (hence the SE :p ), while the full version is appreciably faster.
And the factory-overclocked 460 versions are very near in cost to the 560 Ti (note that the plain 560 is essentially the same performance as the standard 460)

If you do not want to run dual cards (SLI), a 550 W power supply can even (barely) take a GTX570 in a non-overclocked system.

Confusing, indeed...

N.F.

Back