How to package a session?

Mick_Berg

What is the proper way to package a session (with its own route) to send to someone else? I tried to do it and ended up with a mess of folders, files, dcp's, cdpa's etc. There must be a better way!
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

What's wrong with packing both route & session in CMP, to a single cdp ??

What is dcp ? I've missed that format in Trainz.

What's wrong with packing both route & session in CMP, to a single cdp ??

What is dcp ? I've missed that format in Trainz.
dcp is a typo. Sorry! I meant cdp. A cdp won't take care of the folders for the route and session that contain the .gnd file etc. That's why it gets ugly.
Mick Berg.

I'm sorry but I can't follow what you mean. Saving to cdp will pack everything needed in the route as far as the data. All you download from DLS and other sites is cdp-format, with very few exceptions.

Now, forgive me if this "mess-up" you're having is some kind of new "feature" of a later edition of Trainz than TC3. In that case, I'm not aware of how cdp's are packed.

I'm sorry but I can't follow what you mean. Saving to cdp will pack everything needed in the route as far as the data. All you download from DLS and other sites is cdp-format, with very few exceptions.

Now, forgive me if this "mess-up" you're having is some kind of new "feature" of a later edition of Trainz than TC3. In that case, I'm not aware of how cdp's are packed.
Hi.
I'm using TC3. My question is this; a route has a route folder, which contains a config.txt file, a mapfile.gnd file, and others. The session contains a profile.dat file, and a config.txt file. If you make a cdp of a session, will it contain those? Because there's no way that they will be on the other person's computer.
I guess I can try it out for myself, I can package an old session I don't really want any more, delete it, and see if I can import it again.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Back