How to make the game faster

BigThing

I was just wandering because the game is particularly jerky, but only in surveyor.
Not only that but there is virtually nothing on there!!!

Also i have changes spline bendy's to 0 and added uncached_alphas 1 into flat splines.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Processor: Intel pentium D CPU 3.00GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB ( i know its low but that wouldn't cause it would it?)
32-bit Operating System

TS2009 SP2 (build 40040)

Any help???

I was just wandering because the game is particularly jerky, but only in surveyor.
Not only that but there is virtually nothing on there!!!

Also i have changes spline bendy's to 0 and added uncached_alphas 1 into flat splines.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Processor: Intel pentium D CPU 3.00GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB ( i know its low but that wouldn't cause it would it?)
32-bit Operating System

TS2009 SP2 (build 40040)

Any help???

I have the same specs except SP3 and nVidia graphics with 256 MB of DDR3 on board memory. TRS 2006 runs smoothly including surveyor and there's a lot in there.

Regards, tomurban

First of all, don't mess with the configs, second, get a faster comp and a bigger GPU. The best way I found to increase the speed greatly (other than loads of top notch ram) was to run Trainz on it's own WD Raptor HDD. The sudden increase in speed is amazing compared to running on a bog standard 7200 Hard Drive. I know they cost a bit but they are well worth the extra. :wave:
P.S. I did put in 4 gig of Kingston ram too eventually and now run everything really smoooooooth and fast.

Last edited:
My GF 1 gb laptop is slow, as it is 4 y/o and has a factory video card. My home desktop 3 gb PC has a Nividia 7800 video card, and plays much smoother.

Back