How to Disable Noises on Trains

frawleysean1

Monorail Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from T:ANE to TRS2019 and I can't seem to figure out how to disable the wheelslip noises when braking and the "steam-esque" noises when throttling up or applying the brakes just slightly.

I've attached a video below so you all know what I am talking about. I am using a Disney Monorail from JFE.

First sound is the wheelslip while braking, second is the "steam" sound.

Please let me know, I cannot make YouTube content with 12 trains making these noises at the same time on one session.

VOLUME WARNING

Last edited:
Sounds can come from a couple different types of assets involved in the simulation. You can identify which assets are making the sounds by looking at the config.txt files of the components and then locally modifying them to make them silent. The modification to the config.txt files needed varies with the type of asset making the noise.

The wheelslip sound is generated when there is wheelslip. The simplest way to resolve it, is to increase the mass of the driven monorail cars so there is no wheelslip, or to add the tag

max-tractive-effort

into the driven traincar asset, with a very large value - say 200,000.

You can also alter the engine configuration file to achieve the same result. Which engine file are you using?

The 'steam' sound is the sound of air brakes coming off. It is a default built-in sound that probably needs a script to disable. Someone may have done this already so might be a good idea to look at what other creators have done with their monorails, tramcars and so on.

Back