how many routes we have in 2006 edition?

magic_rainbow

Sorry for the obvious question but I'm new on this forum and I'll buy the game. How many routes can I find in 2006 edition?
How can I add routes on my game? Can you explain me the game?
I seem that in this game I must also built my railway, drive it and so on, right?
It's true there is also the Budapest's underground as add on? Because
I have seen the simulator's images on an hungarian site and so I want to ask you if there is this kind of route.
Sorry for my questions.
I hope you want to help me!
Thanks a lot to all!
:) :wave:

Sorry for the obvious question but I'm new on this forum and I'll buy the game. How many routes can I find in 2006 edition?
UK edition: I count about 24 different built-in routes, several of which have minor variants. Editions for other countries have roughly the same number but possibly a slighlty different selection of built-in routes I think
How can I add routes on my game?
You can download numerous routes free of charge from Auran's server (DLS, Download Station), or from a large number of fansites (some free, some payware), and you can also create your own. Creating a simple layout is easy, creating a complex high quality layout is a major project.
You can also download additional rolling stock, buildings, vegetation, signals, and all sorts of other items from all these sources. Making your own rolling stock etc is also possible but very complicated.
Can you explain me the game?
Sorry, but that would take several years. The game comes with an assortment of manuals in electronic form (Adobe Acorbat PDF documents) and there are many additional tutorials on this web site and the fansites. Getting started with driving is easy but there are numerous other things you can do in Trainz, most of which take quite a long time to learn but are very rewarding.
I seem that in this game I must also built my railway, drive it and so on, right?
You can certainly do all those and most people will want to try them. You don't have to do any of them though.
It's true there is also the Budapest's underground as add on?
I'm sorry, I don't know. Perhaps someone else can answer that question for you.

Please post again if you have any more questions. The people here are friendly and will try to help with sensible questions.

John

Many thanks John.
Obviously, I can drive my train, right?
The composition of my railway and my landscape is easy.
I want to mean: I must combine the various kind of landscape
or the game, in some moment, give me automatically the pieces
to complete the landscape.
Someone can put here some pictures of railways and landscapes built manually?
In this game there is also a manager role?
Which are exactly the routes?
Sorry again If I'm bothering you but I'm very curious
:wave: :)

Many thanks John.
Obviously, I can drive my train, right?
Yes. There are two driving modes. DCC mode is relatively simple and very similar to a model railway controller. CAB mode attempts to be as realistic as possible and is therefore considerably more challenging, especially with steam locomotives.
The composition of my railway and my landscape is easy.
The concept is easy but I would suggest that actually doing it isn't! You use an option within Trainz called Surveyor, which is excellent and makes things as simple as possible, but even so it still takes a lot of time, effort, skill and testing to get a realistic layout perfect.
I want to mean: I must combine the various kind of landscape
or the game, in some moment, give me automatically the pieces
to complete the landscape.
The ground height for a model of a real world railway can be established automatically from satellite DEM data (additional software is required, I'm not sure if that is free or payware). For fictional railways you have to do this yourself.
Then you need to add the ground textures (the colouring), the track, all the trackside items (signals, speed limit signs, stations, industries, etc) and other scenery items (buidings, trees, etc). None of this can be automated as far as I know although I suppose in theory someone could in the future write a program to do so.
Someone can put here some pictures of railways and landscapes built manually?
Try the Razorback Railway slide show program. You can download it free of charge from here http://www.johncletheroe.org/rbrslide You can run this slide show program without needing to have Trainz.
In this game there is also a manager role?
No, not really. However, you can make trains run automatically, including operations such as loading and unloading products at industries and passengers at stations. These are called AI (artificial intelligence) trains. You can also set the junction directions.
Which are exactly the routes?
This is a list of the built-in routes in the English edition of TRS2006. Other editions and versions of Trainz may well differ.
British Midlands
City and Country USA
Modula City Demo (trams in a futuristic city)
Electric Commuter
Glasgow to Falkirk (Scotland)
Hawes Junction (Yorkshire, England)
Highland Valley (fictional, Canada)
Iberia Interior (Spain)
Industrial Wasteland (fictional, plenty of industries)
MagLev (a fictional magnetic levitation train route)
Marias Pass Approach (Montana, USA)
Monorail (similar to Walt Disney World)
Northbay County (fictional narrow guage mining and logging)
Outback Australia
Dresden-Nuernberg (Germany)
Queensland (Australia)
Razorback Classic (fictional, Australia, large route)
Robe River Iron (Australia)
Rosworth Vale (northern England)
Black Forest (Germany)
Tidewater (fictional, USA, New England I think)
Toronto 1954 (Ontario, Canada)
Wadabavale (Australia)
Winter in the Alps (Austria/Switzerland)

These routes vary considerably in size, complexity and quality, although the last factor is obviously largely a matter of opinion.

There are hundreds, probably thousands, of additional routes available on DLS and the Trainz fansites.

John

Back