How does one get the stagecoach to yield to the SP diesel engine?

JonMyrlennBailey

A rule I am trying to enforce is make one train (horse-drawn vehicle) stop for another (train that actually looks like a train) at a grade crossing. The horses of course, are on invisible track and the "real" train is on "real" track. Carstoppers works for Carz. I need something of a "trainstopper". Remember, the red invisible track is not connected with the realistic visible track it is crossing. The "real" trains and "trains in disguise" run on their own separate track systems. Notice the big ugly homemade tunnel portal to cover up the dig hole. Some American roads, as in the Rocky Mountain Continental Divide, have similar boxy structures at tunnel openings to house the large exhaust fans.

UPDATE!! RESOLVED!!

1. use about five invisible signals spaced around the horse wagon loop so the AI horse driver continues to see GREEN ahead

2. place the invisible signal to control the crossing near the grade crossing so the lead horse's nose does not protrude past the crossbucks - horse wagons like to stop within 4-5 meters of the invisible signal when in the DANGER, red, mode
on the invisible track which is the horse's route

3. employ the TRIGGER MULTIPLE SIGNALS rule in the Session along with the downloadable content by this name

4. place about two track markers around the horse wagon course - this along with a driver Schedule will force AI to drive continuously around the loop - if the only Drive command is issued, the wagon will NOT automatically continue on past the RR crossing once it is cleared and even if the signal goes GREEN - schedule a horse driver session commanding the wagon to Drive Via the two red track markers

5. use an invisible speed limit set to 10 MPH before the crossing to hurry the wagon across as fast as possible especially on a two-track crossing so the horse does not get killed by a train coming in one direction or the other

6. place one Trigger for each track at the crossing: set the green Trigger, under Trackmarks, range long enough for the wagon to cross the tracks safely before another train comers along: my crossing has trains passing at 25 mph, setting the Trigger range to 125 meters from the crossing in each direction should give the wagon enough time to cross the two tracks safely once the signal turns GREEN - the trains approaching the crossing from about 125 meters out in either direction should make the signal go read - it will take some trial and error and good arithmetic in tweaking the signal position and Trigger positions to get this grade crossing routine down pat - remember, if the crossing has just been cleared by a train in one direction it doesn't mean a train might not immediately come from the opposite direction - my stagecoach takes about nine seconds to cross the two tracks from a stopped position whereby the signal goes GREEN - this is a 10-mph speed zone on the horse's route: the maximum speed for trotting horse wagon content is 10 mph - we have slow-moving vehicles attempting to safely cross tracks where much faster trains speed by and need to set signal trigger ranges accordingly - the Triggers, unlike the Boat ATLS Triggers, set signal control zones, green light beams, so when any trains or any parts of trains are within these beams, they have control over the invisible signal which holds the horses at the crossing until the train safely clear the crossing, meaning the trains clear the set range, green beam, of the Trigger - since on my two-track mainline I have trains running in opposite directions using the right-hand track rule that American roads use, I position my Triggers and set their ranges so the horse's crossing signal turns green right after the end of the trains pass, much like the operation of grade crossing gates: this way, the horses won't have to wait too long to move on as soon as the train passes

I wish Carz crossing tracks with grade crossing gates could also be controlled with settable-range triggers as well

7. use the Trigger Multiple Signals rule to control the invisible signal at the horse's crossing of the main line

8. Boatz' ATLS content, ASB, does not work for me in this scenario, tried it and failed: Tramstoppers is too complex for me to figure out: TMS rule works best for track crossover control

rhs8kj.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered either Interlocking Towers or the Trigger Multiple Signals rule. You will find examples of both on YouTube. Peter

Have you tried using Boat's ASB Controller and Triggers and other assets? They're on the DLS, and have instructions.
Dean

The invisible signal stops an AI driver at the crossing, but this idiots just stays there with a red signal (indicated in HUD) long after the oncoming train clears the crossing.

The point is to have the stagecoach stop at the crossing until any oncoming train clears the crossing and then the coach is supposed to move onward when the crossing is clear.

This is a simple ATLS set up. Treat the stagecoach as a tram. Place an ATLS tram stopper set to route 1 on the invisible track and ATLS triggers on the rail track. ATLS controller set to have 2 routes, route 1 green, green and red spl. route 2 red, red and red spl. When train passes trigger the tram stopper will turn red after about 10 seconds.

Or another solution might be to use ASB Crossover KUID2:76656:70001:4 on the DLS.

This is designed for just this situation. Full instructions at http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/tutorials.html

Place the train approach trigger a long way out and the stagecoach one very close to the crossing. That way the train will take control of the crossing well before the stagecoach arrives and the stagecoach will not impede the train. Use invisible signals for the stagecoach.

Boat

I just let my modern diesels run right over my days of yesteryear stagecoach's ... No actual Trainz peoples were ever seriously kilt' by a Trainz train schmizening them

Back