How do you turn on REAR headlight?

tbryson2

Ok, I know I've seen it somewhere, but HOW do you turn on the rear headlight? (Trainz 06 or any flavor of Trainz)

Thanks

Terry

The only way that I know of is to tell the AI to drive(it will drive forward) then make the AI change direction and then it will stop and go the other way turning on the rear headlight for you in the process... Other that I have no clue how to do it otherwise...:wave:

Check Rules and Driver Commands on DLS. I forget the name but there is a Rule or Driver Command related to this.

On some trains the rear lights come on automatically when you turn on the head lights. This has been my experience.

If your engine has two cabs (one at either end) or two control stands in one cab (one for frontwards, one for reverse operation) it should be as simple as the following:

1. Turn lights off.
2. Press Alt > C. This switches cabs
3. Turn lights on again et voila

Other than that, I really don't know. So yeah:eek:

With many single cab locos the rear headlights don't work, sadly. This makes shunting at night a right pain.

John

Well, the engine I'm about to release does NOT have two cabs, (see thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=43991) but DOES have two headlights, one front one rear.

I believe it was the switch cab mode that I saw a LONG time ago to switch lights, but I cannot do that with this engine. The way the CCG reads is you use attachments with even numbers, (a.light0, a.light2...) for the forward lights, and use odd numbers (a.light1...) for the rear lights. This is suppose to make the lights work correctly depending on running direction, but I cannot get it to work.

Also, not sure if the tender would have to be unhitched for the rear light to work, same as the front light. (If you have anything connected to front of engine light turns off). IF I can get it to work, I would possibly have to put the light attachment on the TENDER so that the rear light would turn on when the tender is connected, but nothing else.

Thanks for the replys.

Terry

Another solution would be to give your AI figure a command to go somewhere (anywhere) behind you, this should usually switch on a rear light.

Just a thought. I haven't tried this but could you have a.cabback at the same point as a.cabfront (and rotated to give the cab in the correct direction) so that you could change ends.

yes but in my last post, it is ONE cab with a front headlight, and a rear headlight. Would this still work? Mostly curious now, since I've already uploaded the engine.

Terry

yes but in my last post, it is ONE cab with a front headlight, and a rear headlight. Would this still work? Mostly curious now, since I've already uploaded the engine.

Terry
Yes because the two cab attachment points are at the same point on the loco. Therefore, provided you have a.cabback correctly orientated, there will be no change in the cab view when you use Alt-C.

Ok, Heres what happened after I made the above change.

In my application with the I.E. James, you MUST be in "cab view" to switch cabs.
Light on rear of engine comes on and is visible in outside (2) view.
The tender MUST be disconnected for the light to come on.

Even if I get it working with the tender attached, (put cab view on tender, attach light "point" to teder mesh...) if the tender is connected the light will go out. I know that in the front of the engine it will do the same if it is attached to a car going forward. Part of the program I guess. So, I still may play with the tender possiblity of getting the light working in reverse, engine / tender only.

Naaa, didn't work. Probably because I don't have a "rear cab" attached to the tender, which I'm not sure "Trainz" will allow. Seems to be too much work for me to get that involved at this time. Perhaps a script will work, unsure.

Terry

Last edited:
Back