How Do I Take Screenshots????

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakers1

Stuck With a Bad Username
Does anyone know how to take screenshots of routes?? I can't find anything that takes them.

-quakers1

Does anyone know how to take screenshots of routes?? I can't find anything that takes them.

-quakers1

Are you talking about pictures? Like the ones that people post in the screenshot forums? If so, then you don't need anything to take them. You just hit "Print Screen" whenever you want to take one. Later, once you've exited Trainz, go to the "screenshots" folder in your TRS directory. They should all be there - although they will be in .TGA format, so you will need some kind of photo/paint program that can read TGA's in order to open them.

Patrick

Ok, Butter, its not 'Jpex' it Jpeg.
Yes, get
www.irfanview.com
That is an image editing program that allows the conversion of TGA files to JPGs, which is what the normal format of a picture is,
You also might want to look into
www.photobucket.com
For hosting your images.
Imageshack is also availible, but much more complex to use.
HTH
Sean

Waht version of Trainz do you have.

PrtScr button ... the image will be in your Trainz/Screenshots folder ... to upload to an image hosting site

I could't resist

exams.gif

Last edited:
quakers1, regarding your question

my favorite technique is to set Trainz to run in a window smaller than the size of the monitor, This allows me to also have GIMP open in a different window, and to access GIMP when I want to take the still screenshot.

As far as PatrickTaylor89's assertion that you need a "photo/paint " program to open a ~.tga file, this may be a bit too restrictive. If you just want to open the screenshot to view it, your browser can most likely open a ~.tga file. If you want to modify the screenshot in any way, though, whether resizing the file, or cropping it, then you will need a "photo/paint" program to do that.

According to Photobucket's website, the allowable still photo formats supported are
gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp
, with the note that files in bmp format are converted to png.

ns

I find Free Irfanview to be the most indispensable image manipulation program for converting image formats to jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back