How do I get rid of these?

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Just noticed that on my route under construction that "station Basic 1" keeps multiplying. Yesterday, there was just one of them, and today it jumped to 2 and then 3.

As you can see by the picture, there are NO stations in the area indicated.

trainz_error.jpg

CM indicated no errors with the content, and there are no missing dependencies. I show 2 "Station Basic" in CM, KUID 117140:22005 and KUID 30501:22005:5. Doing a copy of a clean spot and pasting over them does nothing, as well as trying to just delete it from the map.

Since I don't even USE that station as content in any of my routes, could I just either delete it or archive it and then try to "delete missing assets"? I know that deleting missing assets doesn't work in TS2012/SP1/HFwhatever, but I could try.

Any suggestions?

Bill

Bill,

That's weird... Self multiplying stations like the brooms in the "Sorcerer and the Apprentice" :)

You might have to run a QDR and see if that helps.

John

Hi, John.

Not quite sure how I did it, but I made them go away. It involved cloning a built-in, deleting the clone, then deleting the "other" station that wasn't built-in, and then terminating Trainz altogether, restarting, and then doing another cut/paste of an empty area. The Station Basic's went away and i immediately did a Save As... and restarted Surveyor again. They're apparently gone now.

Before I did all that, I took note that Station Basic did NOT appear in the preview window for some reason. This, I gathered, was the reason it didn't appear in-game. With no appearance in-game, then deleting it was problematic as you couldn't "grab" it to delete it. Once it appeared in the preview window, I added one to the map and then it deleted just fine. Then the cut/paste deleted the other two 'ghost' stations.

I agree, pretty weird.

Bill

Hi, John.

Not quite sure how I did it, but I made them go away. It involved cloning a built-in, deleting the clone, then deleting the "other" station that wasn't built-in, and then terminating Trainz altogether, restarting, and then doing another cut/paste of an empty area. The Station Basic's went away and i immediately did a Save As... and restarted Surveyor again. They're apparently gone now.

Before I did all that, I took note that Station Basic did NOT appear in the preview window for some reason. This, I gathered, was the reason it didn't appear in-game. With no appearance in-game, then deleting it was problematic as you couldn't "grab" it to delete it. Once it appeared in the preview window, I added one to the map and then it deleted just fine. Then the cut/paste deleted the other two 'ghost' stations.

I agree, pretty weird.

Bill

This is quite a convoluted process to repair the asset.

John

The heck of it is I'm not sure I "repaired" it. With all that's going on with the DLS lately, Trainz has been stuttering, fading, freezing, and generally making a pain of itself so this just might be an artifact of that. Anyway, it's fixed now (cross fingers).

Bill

The heck of it is I'm not sure I "repaired" it. With all that's going on with the DLS lately, Trainz has been stuttering, fading, freezing, and generally making a pain of itself so this just might be an artifact of that. Anyway, it's fixed now (cross fingers).

Bill

I agree... The performance has been disgusting to put it bluntly. What gets me is I haven't used Trainz in any real way in months. I haven't had the energy to put up with the BS and everything else that goes along with it, and only recently did I start it up only to put up with the DLS crap and the awful performance. After more than a decade of using the package, I'm ready to hang up my hat and release my half terabytes of disk space back to my system again for a much better use. What's kept me attached to it is all the hard work I put into the routes I worked on, and I don't want to waste that effort only to give up.

John

That's the rub, isn't it? You really hate to abandon all the routes you've started and all the hard work they represent. The game is/has been going downhill over the last few years and I don't see it getting any better. Having a track record that started out excellent and dropping down to the level of a joke is hardly a recommendation for N3V. I am not about to buy T:ANE so I guess when support stops for TS2012, I'll be done. I'll just go with what I've downloaded up to date and never let the software connect again. Although it seems that N3V (or probably more fairly, their server farm in Texas) has really done them dirt. The last time this happened we were out for almost two weeks and not one word was spoken in response to numerous queries as to WHY it happened. There was some adjusting of FCT lengths, but I don't see that happening this time because there isn't any profit in it. And profit is the big gun now at N3V.

Bill

Hi John and Bill,
After 7 years I finally got sick of all the hassles and dumped TS12 and SP1 and decided to go back to 2010. I have hardly played the game in the past couple of months as I have found other interesting simulators.
I cranked up 2010 on the weekend and found that hardly anything would work because of the flood of "updates" I have to spend hours downloading assets that I have fixed over the years. Then when I do finally get CM to work, most of the assets won't download as they can't be found. This means that in many cases the asset shows red in surveyor and can't be used.
I have a number of instances of 2010 and I have to do this with each one.
Looks like N3V have finally found a way to force people to update or get out of the system.
Cheers,
Mike

You recall We've been had thread I posted a bit under a year ago? I still feel the same way... TS12 will be it for me too unless the TANE release proves me wrong. In some ways I'm glad they're delaying the release. Perhaps they'll get it right this go around.

John

Back