How can you access the Download Library if the Server is always full?

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I have been trying for a month since i bought Trainz to download at least ONE item from the download libary and every time i try i get that red bar at the bottom of the window saying the server is busy. Is that the case normally if one does not have a premium account? i do have three months of one that i got when i bought my version of 2006 but have not activated it yet.

a friend of mine who uses Trainz says he had the same problem downloading from the library until he switched from Firefox to Chrome as a browser...do i have to do that? i dont use Chrome all the time so i will have to find out how to set the browser for the download manager..is there a way to specify which browser?

do i have to set the FTP access too? that may also be the problem. i was not sure if it was a ftp or a normal download.

so for whatever reason i have not been able to download ONE single thing yet. I would like to i esp liked the civil war stock on the Carson Shops site but since they all link thru the download library i can get none of them yet. thanks for any advice on this.

http://www.carsoncarshops.com/downloads_vtrr_rolling_stock.htm

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Crisger
Before purchasing an FCT, it's possible that there is something else going on, as the servers shouldn't currently be full (the free server does have a limit, but we don't normally reach it these days).

Are you using Trainz Simulator 12, or TRS2006?

Which version of Windows are you using?

I would recommend sending us a ticket on the helpdesk as well, as we can ask for a bit more info than we generally can via the public forums.

Regards

wow thanks and hi Nick that was nice of you to reply ..

I am using Windows XP SP2, via Firefox. I understand using Chrome may work better. I have to use an older system because i research a lot of older games. I wont be able to play the newest Vista only version so i hope i can stay connected with XP.

and i will get a first class ticket as i want to support the system and the community. Just want to be sure i can get things to work first.

i was just accessing the actual Content Manager thru the link for the items, they linked automiticaly to the content manager that clunking sound came and then it opened. I was not actualy IN the game...maybe that was part of the problem. I have both verisons installed and i am not sure which version of the game was activating...i will try with the 2012 game open and go thru there ...i am still very new at using the content manager and the detail of the number of things available is a bit overwhelming. I will try to get the exact info but with those older engines on that site, there was no item number listed i think and when i entered the name of the file in the content manager it could not find it...but they do link to the CM when i click on their links on the Carson Shop page..so it was a bit of a mystery.

thanks again, i have to vote today and do other stuff but will try to get a ticket up to you later thanks again i appreciate the support :)

Last edited:
wow thanks and hi Nick that was nice of you to reply ..

I am using Windows XP SP2, via Firefox. I understand using Chrome may work better. I have to use an older system because i research a lot of older games. I wont be able to play the newest Vista only version so i hope i can stay connected with XP.

and i will get a first class ticket as i want to support the system and the community. Just want to be sure i can get things to work first.

i was just accessing the actual Content Manager thru the link for the items, they linked automiticaly to the content manager that clunking sound came and then it opened. I was not actualy IN the game...maybe that was part of the problem. I have both verisons installed and i am not sure which version of the game was activating...i will try with the 2012 game open and go thru there ...i am still very new at using the content manager and the detail of the number of things available is a bit overwhelming. I will try to get the exact info but with those older engines on that site, there was no item number listed i think and when i entered the name of the file in the content manager it could not find it...but they do link to the CM when i click on their links on the Carson Shop page..so it was a bit of a mystery.

thanks again, i have to vote today and do other stuff but will try to get a ticket up to you later thanks again i appreciate the support :)

One question for you. Unless you are running the 64-bit version, how come you are only running SP2 for your Windows XP?

Shane

Why would anyone run XP with just SP2 if there on a 32-bit machine? I can understand if it's a 64 bit machine, but if I were you, I'd hi-tail it and install SP3 before the end of.. Oh wait, XP already hit End of support this year.:hehe:

Back