Hold CTRL and right click

ontrac9

Hold CTRL and right click

Is there another key combination that can replace this often used Trainz command? Without going into detail, I have a physical need for a one or two key substitute, therefore eliminating the need for a mouse. Just asking, no crisis.

Hi ontrac9

If you put this line -allownoctrlrightclick into your Trainzoption.TXT ( which is in C\Program Files\Auran\TS2009 ) then most can be done with the mouse :D

Hi John

I am sure that there is a command to add into the trainz options file that allows you to open the dialog box with just a right click without the need to hold down control. At the moment I only have 2009 installed and I couldn't find anything in the manual for that version but if you have one of the earlier versions I think there will be something in the manual about it.

Regards

Brian

For TRS2004 you can re-define keys using the keyboard.txt file in the Trainz\Settings folder. I'm not sure about later versions and I'm not near my Trainz box at the moment.
Geoff

I don't think what you want to do is possible unfortunately. I'm not aware of any way to "tab" between objects on the screen so the mouse / cursor is really the only way of telling the software what it is you want to right-click on. Most keyboards now have a "right-click" button though if that's any use, it's usually to the right of the spacebar between Alt Gr an Ctrl. If you're feeling brave you could combine this key with some skillful movement of the "camera" using the arrow keys until the cursor is "on" whatever object you want to right-click.

Although I could imagine that method would become extremely annoying after approximately 14 seconds...

Otherwise it may be worth considering TrackIR as an alternative to a mouse. I would imagine you could get decent results with TRS but the equipment can be a bit pricey.

Cheers,

JB

electro,

Thank you for a possible solution to my dillema. I will be adding your change today. Unfortunately, I'm jumping into my Trainz journey using the TRS2009 received as a gift and not having the vast experience most have learned from earlier versions.

I also appreciate the replies of several others who have given possible remedies. I will post back and advise how your suggestion works out for my situation. Thanks again.

Electro,

Thankyou. Just made your suggested addition to Trainz options file and tested it on several 2009 scenarios. Works terrific! Would certainly recommend it to others with hand, arm or finger problems. Sure allows more ease and Trainz enjoyment with much less dificulty.

I would also like to thank Auran for having such a file available to modify when necessary. Should I ever own any of the older or newer Trainz versions in the future I will certainly remember how to make these changes and also be able to help others in similiar circumstances. Thanks again for sharing this little tip with a newbie who will not soon not soon forget your courtesies.

Would this be of any use?

Windows Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Keyboard > Sticky Keys

The option might be in a different place if you have Control Panel configured differently to me, or you have Vista or Windows 7.

John

Back