help

goanna

Hello fellow trainzers

I require some help and information please?

My "D" drive died and had to get it replaced my problem is or was all my trainz19 BUILD NO. 100240 were on the "D" drive so I lost everything, routes, sessions the lot.

I have a second version of trainz19 build no. 111951 on a external hard drive and yes I did a copy of the data file build no. 100240. So my question is this can I import local, original and packages folders into build no. 111951 and get my routes and sessions back.

Hope this doesn't sound weird or strange querry.

Thank you in advance.

cheers Joe.

Hi Joe, feel your pain
Just copy your "Local" folder from the backup on to the drive you now use
call it TRS19oriLocal, do not overwrite anything.
In your current build 111951 you can open Launcher [Trainz Settings]/Install\ and select the path to X:\TRS19oriLocal
do an automatic data base rebuild and you have access to all your old routes
then you can maybe save some to .cdp

the D drive maybe can be repaired or data retrieved by a good many software
build 100240 is still my favorite so that is a big loss
(if you have the original installer you can install it parallel to 111951)
succes GM

Hi GM

Thank you for your reply and information.
So far I have recovered about 80% of my lost assets, I am coping and pasting each individual hash folder to the local folder so I don't miss any thing it is slow so I don't miss anything.

Thank you again much appreciated.

Cheers Joe.

Joe I too feel your pain.

Just copy the user data folder to your new D drive and rename it to something new as GM says you don't need to copy one folder at a time.

Start up the Launcher and make adjustments in Settings ---> Install tab where you click on the ... in the right corner and browse to your "new" data folder.

After you select that folder, Trainz will want to restart, and you should be all set. You need to confirm this by checking that your login information is intact. If it is, you're good to go, if not check the path.

I do this all the time and have multiple data folders and installs setup.

Back