Help on grade crossings

railsong

Well another question. On my route I am using a 4 lane hiway crossing 1 track. I am having problems with the grade crossing. For the road I am using YARN L4 DL2 -Si +Sh, <kuid2:124017:26020:1> and for the grade crossing I am using Grade Xing US OH 4l 1T 315, <kuid2:39134:101125:1> and Grade Xing US OH 4L 1T 45, <kuid2:39134:101114:1>. These crossings have what is called "car spawners", which are giving me problems. They are creating cars on each side of the 4 lane road that travel in oppisite directions on each side of the 4 lane road. The cars that are created just travel the length of the crossing and then disapear. Sometimes the cars that are created are traveling in reverse and run into cars coming from the road itself. Here in the US cars on 4 lane roads travel in one direction on the right side of the road and in the opposite direction on the other side of the 4 lane. The crossing has 3 vertex connections on each side of the crossing, but the road only has 1 vertex to connect to the crossing. I have connected the road spline to the cernter vertex of the crossing. I just don't know how to connect the other 2 vertex splines, which are connected to the "car spawner". What am I doing wrong? I would like the traffic to travel in one direction on the right side of the road and in the opposite direction on the other side. I have looked on the DLS for a 4 lane 1 track grade crossing without the car spawner, but have not been able to fine one. Any help will be greatly appreciated....Thanks...
Mel

I just connect an invisible road with no traffic to the spline points I'm not using on the crossing, and all is well. Check the DLS for invisible roads without traffic.

I just connect an invisible road with no traffic to the spline points I'm not using on the crossing, and all is well. Check the DLS for invisible roads without traffic.
Yeah, thanks Kyle, that did the trick. I sure appreciate the help.....
Mel:D

Off the top of my head I think I have been using the same crossings in a route that I have been making. I have found when laying roads and crossings it makes it much easyer to pick a road that someone has done a crossing for. Everything matches up nice and neat and there is no problems with the cars. :)

Jason

Off the top of my head I think I have been using the same crossings in a route that I have been making. I have found when laying roads and crossings it makes it much easyer to pick a road that someone has done a crossing for. Everything matches up nice and neat and there is no problems with the cars. :)

Jason
I understand what you are saying. I like the YARN assets, but I have been having a hard time finding a 4L 1T crossing. I usually have a hard time with intersections to make them contiuous for the cars. I guess I really don't understand the car spawner thing that the crossing I am using has. It seems like the roads create the traffic anyway. Oh well I am fairly new at this and have spent many hours making routes. :D Thanks for the reply...
Mel

Back