help needed with signaling

hangover515

hello all
i'm new here so if the thread is in the wrong place please let me know where is should be

anyways, i am running tranz 2004 and would like to know if there is away to stop or cut down on the number of trains that pass a red signal, and also to reduce the number of trains running in to the back of other trains when they have pasted a signal at red
i have been working on changing a plan from single to double track and i had a test run, i left 4 trains running when i can back to see what was happening one of the four had derailed, one train had run into the back of another train and the fourth train tried to exit the mine and stop where the derailed train was and when i tried to move the train it too derailed.

so if anyone understands that lot i would be greatful to find out if there is away to stop it happening

also i would like to know about triggers, the little green things

thanks for reading
kev

Hi Kev,

Welcome to the Forum. You are starting out on one of the earlier versions of Trainz so it's a good time to learn what you can about the workings of every facet before it causes any further confusion.

I suggest spending a little time to familiarize yourself with the "Trainz Channel" - a YouTube tutorial on just about everything you need to know. Here's the link,....

https://www.twitch.tv/trainz_simulator

Some of the tutorials are short, about 5 or 10 minutes; and a few are a little longer. The beauty of watching it on YouTube, is that you can pause it whenever you like, go back and re-look until you have a full understanding.

You mentioned that you are changing a layout from single track to double track.

By also doing a Google Search on "Trainz Track laying" you'll find a number of YouTube videos on the best way to handle that. Placing signals can also be found through that source.

Good luck
Roy

Hi Kev,

Welcome to the Forum. You are starting out on one of the earlier versions of Trainz so it's a good time to learn what you can about the workings of every facet before it causes any further confusion.

I suggest spending a little time to familiarize yourself with the "Trainz Channel" - a YouTube tutorial on just about everything you need to know. Here's the link,....

https://www.twitch.tv/trainz_simulator

Some of the tutorials are short, about 5 or 10 minutes; and a few are a little longer. The beauty of watching it on YouTube, is that you can pause it whenever you like, go back and re-look until you have a full understanding.

You mentioned that you are changing a layout from single track to double track.

By also doing a Google Search on "Trainz Track laying" you'll find a number of YouTube videos on the best way to handle that. Placing signals can also be found through that source.

Good luck
Roy

Thanks for link Roy but I can't seem to open it
Don't know why.
Thanks again
I think I have sorted the problem by setting the track speed to 20 mph

Thanks for link Roy but I can't seem to open it
Don't know why.
Thanks again
I think I have sorted the problem by setting the track speed to 20 mph

Kev,
I've just clicked on the same link in your reply and the website opens easily. All you need to do is scroll down to whatever tutorial you are interested in.

Just a point, maybe your computer security is blocking it. I also switch-off any security programs whenever I use Trainz, as they use up heaps of memory trying to over-ride your games.

Here's a link to advanced track laying ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEzSmYe70IA

Back