Help needed. SP2 problems.

OldGuy

Hi guys and gals.
I have, as others have done, with a warm fuzzy hopeful feeling, ungraded to SP2. The program is now so unusable and I have rolled back to the previous version. The instability is specific under certain situations. I need help to ensure that I am not the only one seeing this problem and thus verifying my sanity. I have tried escalate to the help desk with no success. The gate keeper keeps getting in the way. Only going around in circles.
The problem is specific and I am hoping some one else could recreate the situation and let me know the outcome.
When I run N3V supplied routes and sessions, SP2 runs very sweet. It is a pleasure to use. No problem here.
I don't use these supplied routes, I enjoy creating my own. I have started quite a few over the years but only ever uploaded 1. Layout #1. It is these routes (and others by "end users" I have downloaded from the DLC) that will not run smooth on SP2.
So, some background. I (used to) run 2 PC's, both Win 7 (now one is Win 10. Win 7 is called Deep Thought and Win 10 is called Dr Evil. Snicker.). Both very capable of running Trainz. Approx 35% processor and memory usage. One has 2Gig and the other 4Gig cards. The fact that Kickstarter and others runs very well says that there are no hardware, latest drivers or settings problems.
I ask that someone out there in the great sub-ether do a test for me please. Win 7 SP2. Create a new route. Single tile. 10m will do. Make a simple round track around the outside. Stagger about 10 - 12 trees around the track. These will show up any jerky operation. Put a loco. Nothing else. Save and save default session. Run. Tell loco to "Drive".
Does it run smooth or not. Do the trees jump? Am I loosing it. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH. NNNOOOOOOOO. Heeeeellpp. The Man in Black is coming for me. Help me Roland.
This does not show up in Win 10.
Thank you in advance.

Thank you SalorDan.
It would be good to know if I am in the minority with windows 7.
And thank you about it not making sense. If you think about it, the trees and everything else moves across and through the scene whilst the train stays still. If standing on the terrain, the train would move.

You say one has 2 Gig,... I did not think you could even run TANE with 2 Gig. My older Core Duo system with 4 Gig runs TANE barely and runs it very poor, so I only use it for TS12. My new system with i7 and 16 Gig runs TANE perfect. I don't think Win7 or Win10 has anything to do with it.

Can you please share your system specs, it may shed the light why you are having problems.

If I run Kickstarter (or C&O or Settle or Wallangarra. You get it.) route in SP2, it runs perfect on - 110 chipset with 8 gig 21xx ram, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series, Win 7 64 bit.
If I run a route that I created, it runs like @#$%.

I would say forget the Windows 7 computer. Concentrate on the Win 10 one if as you say it works well. Put any available resources into that one.
Just my 2 p's worth.
Mick

Last edited:
And thank you about it not making sense. If you think about it, the trees and everything else moves across and through the scene whilst the train stays still. If standing on the terrain, the train would move.

Only if you are in Cab interior view or Chase view, which you haven't mentioned. If you would like people to try and identify the source of the problem it is important to describe correctly the circumstances in which it occurs. Performance in Cab view, in particular, can be very dependant on the loco you have selected.

Yes. I would very much like people to help me. Thank you Sailor Dan but I have no idea about what you are asking, cab or interior mode, any loco, its jerky all the time whilst running my routes and routes created by other end users. I would appreciate for someone with Win 7 SP2 that creates their own route to tell me if they are having trouble with SP2 running their own routes. An unfavorable outcome of my quest is going to cost me hundreds of dollars and a lot of time. I'm trying to save some bucks.

Smee again. Thank you for your assist. I have my answer. 147 views and no Win 7 users. Again, thank you.

I have a windows 7 computer that I tried out for interest. I loaded an external SSD drive onto it with SP2 installed. The PC is 4 core and 16gig and a GTX 960. It all runs great with not stuttering or lag. I think (as was already mentioned) that your system is not up to the job and will run like treacle in the fridge. Sorry to say so but you need an upgrade.

Doug

I run TANE under Windows 7 and have the same problem as OldGuy. Any TANE route runs fine but my 2 large (2.5G) routes that I have imported form TS2009 run dreadfully. They were fine in SP1. I have been told by N3V that this is something to do with dummy layers and that they are attempting a fix in HF1. Suggest you wait till then, and then read the riot act if they haven't sorted it.

Tony Howard

Last edited:
Back