HD Terrain + Digholes performance issues

hoseclamp072

I'm having an issue editing HD terrain when there are digholes on the route. The edits do eventually take but reaction is very slow, to the point of the cursor heavily stuttering along the terrain or freezing up briefly). It makes editing an HD route pretty much impossible. I have tried with both a converted route and a route from scratch. The routes are my own, and are not very large (the current test bed is a single baseboard). I have tried every 1x1 or 10m dighole I can find. If I delete the digholes, HD editing performs perfectly. Anyone else having issues anything like this??

I have small deep dig holes across a whole route i converted to HD. Saving takes forever, But i haven't had a huge performance problem like you explained. I kept my non HD and went back for now.

I'm having an issue editing HD terrain when there are digholes on the route. The edits do eventually take but reaction is very slow, to the point of the cursor heavily stuttering along the terrain or freezing up briefly). It makes editing an HD route pretty much impossible. I have tried with both a converted route and a route from scratch. The routes are my own, and are not very large (the current test bed is a single baseboard). I have tried every 1x1 or 10m dighole I can find. If I delete the digholes, HD editing performs perfectly. Anyone else having issues anything like this??
Yes! I've been trying to figure out the cause of this for a day now and finally stumbled on to this thread.. but I've got the same exact problem.
I have a tiny 1x2 base board model railroad layout with a bunch of digholes on one board and none on the other.
I can adjust terrain on the board without digholes just fine, but the board with digholes just hangs and freezes for several seconds before you can see any movement of the terrain and makes it nearly impossible to edit terrain height, up , down , grade etc..

The particular digholes I'm using are the C+ MR Digholes in various sizes.

Anyone else have any insight in this?

Dig holes are still the old grid square size and have not yet been worked on yet.
Ahh yeah that makes sense.
I guess we'll have to wait on creators to update these assets then.

Although this link seems to indicate digholes are performance heavy and to use sparingly. I imagine an "HD compatible" dighole wont be any less performance intensive.
https://contentcreation.trainzsimulator.com/dig-holes-making-holes-in-the-terrain/

I may play around with alternatives like lowering the terrain for the floor instead etc..

Hi there, just run into the same issue. Terraforming almost impossible as the cursor always got stuck. Guess what I deleted all digholes and boom all issues gone and terraforming works just fine. So they are most likely really the issue.

Hi there, just run into the same issue. Terraforming almost impossible as the cursor always got stuck. Guess what I deleted all digholes and boom all issues gone and terraforming works just fine. So they are most likely really the issue.
There have been reports before of dig-hole assets causing lockups and performance problems. Last I heard, N3V was looking into it but nothing has been said about what was found.

Back