Have you guys at Jointed Rail ever considered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

9000DOLLAR

INACTIVE
Selling real model trains. Not that the virtual ones aren't real, or model trains. What I mean is, plastic and/or metal electric model trains.

Seeing how well designed and detailed the virtual trainz that come from JR are, I could definitly see super-detailed, after-market modified, model trains coming from there as well.

What I'm suggesting is, the JR team buys model trains, then, repaints, superdetails, and weathers them, and then sells the extremely-detailed model trains. (only if it couldn't cause legal trouble.) Also, if JR sold extremely detailed HO scale models, I would definitely consider buying.
(I like prototypical model trains)

If legal trouble could be a problem, just use 3D printing or get some sort of molds to cast the trains yourself. (If you guys like the idea)

(Also, this is off the subject, I may ask a lot of questions about model trains. I like to know that I'm getting a prototypical model before I buy, so I may ask questions about if a certain model is prototypical, or even reliable.)

Seriously kid, check this out. In case you haven't noticed, around these parts it's mostly virtual "V-scale" and not HO or whatever. Would you go to a truck stop and ask for dermatological advice? Would you go to Subway to get a medium cheesesteak?

I just think that JR could do very well as an electric model train company as well as a virtual model train company.

They really do have the best Trainz, and the only reason I ask about certain model trains is because they know a lot about trains and could tell me if something isn't prototypical. (I should have asked here before I bought that Bachmann F7, it turned out that it was an ex-VIA and not a real SP engine.[and yes, I learned that here.])

If this is getting annoying, I'll just request for this to be locked. I don't want to take up valuable space on the message boards with this post if it's unnessasary.

Seriously kid, check this out. In case you haven't noticed, around these parts it's mostly virtual "V-scale" and not HO or whatever. Would you go to a truck stop and ask for dermatological advice? Would you go to Subway to get a medium cheesesteak?
Actually at one time they did. But they do not any more.
9000dollar THEY do not sell model trains any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back