Grass 08 changed to very lighr coloring?

boleyd

My 08 grass texture is now bright green. How do I fix that without getting into worse trouble/
Dick

Being short on time I just replaced 08 with 09 and saved in each route that was maliciously changed. Nothing seems safe on the web anymore. If 08 is ever fixed I will replace 09 with it. Just havin fun the N3V way,

After looking around I am amending my message. It seems to be a localized issue. A base color value is somehow altered by a single bit setting. If that is a true assumption then I am in for more faults and a deteriorating memory. Reloading is not a good option since the problem transferers to a different process with possibly greater harm.

Last edited:
I have the latest 2022 123794 program and the result is another instance of Texture 08 being changed to a faded , almost white, version of the real texture. This happened before on one of the N3V "updates" . I believe it eventually cleared with a subsequent attempt at updating by N3V. Does anyone know a way to restore a messed up texture? Or, do I have to await a new update with more of its new problems.

I have the latest 2022 123794 program and the result is another instance of Texture 08 being changed to a faded , almost white, version of the real texture. This happened before on one of the N3V "updates" . I believe it eventually cleared with a subsequent attempt at updating by N3V. Does anyone know a way to restore a messed up texture? Or, do I have to await a new update with more of its new problems.
wait for a new update to fix it and i noticed it as well but that means HD textures are coming
i am on build 123799 steam standard version

If it is another "el grande" release I could be in for worse trouble. After this build I have lost confidence with the programmers who let narrowly tested products out the door. Unfortunately any refusal to sign off on their part of the update may result in a bleak Christmas.

My grass is now a very light green and I am with you.....they can keep their updates. Maybe, a month after no one else seems to have trouble with the update, I may try it then.

It should be noted that texture appearance can vary greatly with changes in the sunlight, or even the time of day. check your environment settings, try changing the time of day to see how it affects your textures.

If it is another "el grande" release I could be in for worse trouble. After this build I have lost confidence with the programmers who let narrowly tested products out the door. Unfortunately any refusal to sign off on their part of the update may result in a bleak Christmas.
It's really quite simple. If your present Trainz install is working well and you are happy with it, - don't accept any more updates from N3V when they are offered. If you absolutely can't bear the thought of missing out (FOMO), then back your Trainz install up to an external hard drive and accept the update. That way if your precious Trainz install turns into an appalling mess and won't work any more you can delete it and restore it from the back up copy that you made.

Everything N3V is doing at the moment is one big experiment and they are using their customers as lab rats to see if it works or not.

It's really quite simple. If your present Trainz install is working well and you are happy with it, - don't accept any more updates from N3V when they are offered. If you absolutely can't bear the thought of missing out (FOMO), then back your Trainz install up to an external hard drive and accept the update. That way if your precious Trainz install turns into an appalling mess and won't work any more you can delete it and restore it from the back up copy that you made.

Everything N3V is doing at the moment is one big experiment and they are using their customers as lab rats to see if it works or not.
This is solid advice. I should have followed myself, but as we've all found in the past the beta and final test always look really great, work well and are ready to roll but upon release something gets fixed at the last minute that breaks what they've showed us.

N3V is looking for a cheap and quick way out just like all companies are these days. While they're at it, they may as well offshore all their development to India where they can pay the workers $1.50 an hour. By skipping the costliest phase of development, meaning testing and support, they can push the product out quickly. The only time there's a concern is when their product suffers a real catastrophic failure. This time there was and no one was around to fix it.

I tried to report by-way-of Tickets but there seems to be no way to report that type of problem. This is a pitiful update and supports the advice above - DO NOT perform any updates until you are sure they are deemed ok by "early adopters!!

Not even an apology by management with a defined strategy to prevent future disasters.
Every day my sign on works there is a sigh of relief.

Use this instead.

Back