Graphics Card

BRIANA

Hi My Name is Briana but you can call me brandon because I am on my sisters profile I wanted to know what kind of graphics card is th ebest for running trainz on I would really appriciate it if some one can help me out plz thank you

There is no card that is really BEST at running Trainz. There are several cards however that will play Trainz. Even my old integrated video (NVIDIA 7050 with 256 MB of shared RAM) could play Trainz at an average of 50 FPS on full at 1024x768.

My recommendation is anything above the 7000 series of NVIDIA cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...69609641 1305520548 4025 1068309611&name=EVGA

Try checking out this link and compare cards. Keep in mind though, that's it's not just the video that will help Trainz perform well, it's also RAM and CPU that help.

And 8800GT is rather unnecessary don't you think, especially with 1 GB of memory?

8600GT is probably as high as you'd want to go for just Trainz. If you were playing games like Crysis, Call of Duty 4, etc. then I would recommend an 8800 series card.

And 8800GT is rather unnecessary don't you think, especially with 1 GB of memory?

8600GT is probably as high as you'd want to go for just Trainz. If you were playing games like Crysis, Call of Duty 4, etc. then I would recommend an 8800 series card.

I am running an 8800GT with 512MB of DDR3 RAM, and it sometimes struggles with really built up areas.

Also, when I have reviewed this card, I have found it to be the "best bang for your buck" compared to the rest of the high end nVidia Range.

Right, but there are many other factors besides video that affect how a video game performs. It's has a lot to do with the bandwidth speed of your hard drive connection, which will determine how fast data is transferred. Also, a lack of CPU speed and RAM speed/size can also greatly affect how fast the data is transferred.

My integrated graphics worked really well, even though it only had 256 MB. Keep in mind that I also had top of the line RAM, and a pretty powerful Core 2 Duo.

And this is why I got a kick out of you providing free computer advising to the community.....Awsome....

Captain Collins is correct. At the minimum for gaming it's a smart idea to start with an 8800GT. I can't really say if 1GB is needed. 512MB should be more than enough.

If the price is right though the 8800 GTS 512MB is also a good option, as is the GTX 260 (but it does run at around $300 USD)

For true "bang for the buck" I would personally look into the ATI HD4850 or HD4870 they far out perform any Nvidia card in their price bracket and at least for the HD4870 break even with the nVidia GTX280 at nearly half the price.

And this is why I got a kick out of you providing free computer advising to the community.....Awsome....

Captain Collins is correct. At the minimum for gaming it's a smart idea to start with an 8800GT. I can't really say if 1GB is needed. 512MB should be more than enough.

If the price is right though the 8800 GTS 512MB is also a good option, as is the GTX 260 (but it does run at around $300 USD)

For true "bang for the buck" I would personally look into the ATI HD4850 or HD4870 they far out perform any Nvidia card in their price bracket and at least for the HD4870 break even with the nVidia GTX280 at nearly half the price.

Since when does giving suggestions have anything to do with technical support or advising? I'm just trying to give the guy some suggestions for cards that run well, without breaking the bank.

So if this guy intends on playing CoH, Age of Conan, Crysis,etc. then I'll take back what I said earlier about getting an 8600, because those games will definitely beat the living hell out of an 8600.

So I'm not saying the 8800GT is too good of a card for Trainz. I'm saying that if Trainz is all he's playing then why bust more than $100 on a graphics card for the program?

And I appreciate you calling me out on the forums, really.

So if this guy intends on playing CoH, Age of Conan, Crysis,etc. then I'll take back what I said earlier about getting an 8600, because those games will definitely beat the living hell out of an 8600.

So I'm not saying the 8800GT is too good of a card for Trainz. I'm saying that if Trainz is all he's playing then why bust more than $100 on a graphics card for the program?

Because as said above, Trainz will beat the living hell out of an 8600GT very easily.

The better option would be spending extra getting a far better graphics card then just spending a little on a graphics card that will "just" only do the job.

Because as said above, Trainz will beat the living hell out of an 8600GT very easily.

The better option would be spending extra getting a far better graphics card then just spending a little on a graphics card that will "just" only do the job.

Hmm... Well I will agree that an 8800 series will definitely play most anything in Trainz, and that an 8600GT would probably slow down on the custom routes where there's a ton of scenery and objects. Forgot to take that into account, and I apologize for the error.

Hmm... Well I will agree that an 8800 series will definitely play most anything in Trainz, and that an 8600GT would probably slow down on the custom routes where there's a ton of scenery and objects. Forgot to take that into account, and I apologize for the error.

All is forgiven.:D

Anyway, it is better to pay slightly more when you upgrade, so you are slightly more future-proofed. As in TRS2009 may need at least an 8800 to run well.

Best bang for buck graphics card at the mo is an ATI Raddeon HD 4850, for around the £100 mark nothing comes close.

Back