where do I find what is needed to run TRS22

therabbitt

This is what I am running Window 10 pro 64, Intel core I7 6700 @ 3.4GHZ (8 cpus) Directx 12 with a GT 710 1GB DDR3 Graphics card.
I have the Game settings set as low as I can go. The game runs but the background is horrible with flickering and lines. What do I need to do to make that flicker go away?
I also Have TANE. It runs great.. Will upgrading the Graphics card help and if so what do you recomend?

I have an i7-2600 3.4GHz/16Gb RAM/nVidia GTX 1650 w/4 Gb RAM. Trainz 22 runs beautifully as do 3-4 other sims. Your CPU is 4 generations newer than mine, so I think your bottleneck is the video card. You didn't mention how much system RAM you have. 8Gb might be enough. I recommend 16Gb.

This is what I am running Window 10 pro 64, Intel core I7 6700@3.4GHZ (8 cpus) Directx 12 with a GT 710 1GB DDR3 Graphics card.
I have the Game settings set as low as I can go. The game runs but the background is horrible with flickering and lines. What do I need to do to make that flicker go away?
I also Have TANE. It runs great.. Will upgrading the Graphics card help and if so what do you recomend?
your GT 710 scores 631 on 3d Benchmark or less than some Intel integrated graphics.

Normally 10,000 is considered reasonable and a score of 25,000 isn't overkill. It depends more on your power supply and how much cooling you have.

Cheerio John

I used to have a 770ti card - this would manage TS19, but eventually it died in a multicoloured haze!
It was replaced by an RTX2060 a few years’ ago, this gives good results, but is a little underpowered compared to more recent cards.
As a note, TS22 (or TrainzPlus)graphics settings are different from TS19, eg ts19 ultra = ts22 high

Your GPU is very under powered. I would move up to at least an RTX 2070. Of course, depending on you PSU and wallet, the higher the better. Also, make sure that whatever you are buying that it fits in your case! These newer GPUs are huge!

This is what I am running Window 10 pro 64, Intel core I7 6700 @ 3.4GHZ (8 cpus) Directx 12 with a GT 710 1GB DDR3 Graphics card.
Yes, you will need to upgrade your graphics card! With modern games, most will not work on a GT 710 'these are old'

My laptop has GTX 1050 bulti-in, I also have a GT 1030 graphics card for desktop which I got, so that I could setup external graphics.
However, TANE/TRS19/TRS22 all work perfectly on my laptops graphics ;)

Overall, you should be able to find GT 1030 or the GTX 1050 graphics card pretty cheap these days!

Back