Grade Xing US

ecco

I am trying to use Grade Xing US Inc. 2L 1T KUID2:39134:101595:2

When I attach the tracks, the crossing looks good. It shows the tracks crossing the roadway. However, when I attach even one road section, the road covers over the tracks. I tried adjusting height to no avail. The road is DS Road 01 KUID2:342053:37006:2 which is slightly arched.

If I use "Plain Road", which is flat, there is a visible gap between the road and the Xing.

Any Suggestions?

Excellent.

I've now added many of your roads to my picklist. More important, thanks for introducing me to the world of YARN. So much stuff, so little time.

YARN. Lotsa good stuff.

Some of the T-Intersections have one connector on the bottom, one on the left and two on the right. If I connect a Road Spline to either of the ones on the right, the road connection gets skewed.
Some of the Intersections give the option for Stop signs or Traffic Lights. Neither stops traffic. Do I need to connect ATLS controls to make them work (Not near a RR Track Crossing).
Is there a good writeup on the use of YARN / ATLS. I did some Googling and didn't find much.

Thanks again.

YARN. Lotsa good stuff.

Some of the T-Intersections have one connector on the bottom, one on the left and two on the right. If I connect a Road Spline to either of the ones on the right, the road connection gets skewed.
Some of the Intersections give the option for Stop signs or Traffic Lights. Neither stops traffic. Do I need to connect ATLS controls to make them work (Not near a RR Track Crossing).
Is there a good writeup on the use of YARN / ATLS. I did some Googling and didn't find much.

The YARN intersections are pretty but as you note have drawbacks. I have taken to building my intersections out of roadway and and invisible road. Takes some experimenting to get a match in traffic height but it is worth the time. Appearance is much better, too, and with a little practice it takes little if any longer to put in two straightened road segments and the signs and lights than using a pre-made. Accommodates odd angles, and works with ATLS too.

There is an ATLS tutorial route on the DLS which might be worth your time to download and study.

:B~)

The YARN intersections are pretty but as you note have drawbacks. I have taken to building my intersections out of roadway and and invisible road. Takes some experimenting to get a match in traffic height but it is worth the time. Appearance is much better, too, and with a little practice it takes little if any longer to put in two straightened road segments and the signs and lights than using a pre-made. Accommodates odd angles, and works with ATLS too.
Thanks for the info.
There is an ATLS tutorial route on the DLS which might be worth your time to download and study.

:B~)
I found them, downloaded them and will do some homework.

Thanks again,

ecco:

ETA: I also found the authors website boatztrainz.co.uk

There I got a PDF of the complete instructions. I popped these up on a second screen and read them while setting up all the components. Worked great.

Last edited:
You may want to also look at the following rule <kuid2:131986:155203:4> My Level Crossings-3 by atilabarut. It is very easy to set up and works like a charm.

You may want to also look at the following rule <kuid2:131986:155203:4> My Level Crossings-3 by atilabarut. It is very easy to set up and works like a charm.

The Config.txt says: "Instructions ... are given in the Rule Editor". How do I get to the Rule Editor?

Back