GOODBYR R40 M/S

No. The R160, R160A, R160B and R160S (I think there's that many of them) should be reefed. They deserve it for getting rid of R32s, R38s and R40 Slants. :(

I still think anything with AC motors should be reefed though, even if you disagree. (Which originally, I thought you meant).
One trip on an electrostar, and you'll understand why, especially in the wet where they cannot accelerate or brake, even if they do, you know about it!

The computers aren't quick enough to detect wheelspin!

No. The R160, R160A, R160B and R160S (I think there's that many of them) should be reefed. They deserve it for getting rid of R32s, R38s and R40 Slants. :(

u shouldn't say that, trains need to be replaced overtime because the older those trains get, they're harder to maintain. I bet even before people were sad about old trains going, it's just something that happens over time, we just have to get used to it.

oh well no big loss. They are not real trains. I mean by that I mean ones that could actually have a soul like the steamers, or even diseals to some extent(espically ALCO diseals.) I don't like Subway/elevated stuff...they look like busses to much.

Yea, that includes a couple of other cars also (the R110's were also known as the R131/R132, the R142, R142A, R142S, and the R143. I like the IRT so im keeping the R142's. Also, the R160's do sound like a good nominee to join everyone else in the fishes territory:hehe:

Nah, I like all them, so they best stay, but these R40's, on the other hand...:n: Never really favored that design. While I'm not as much one for NYC subway, My personal favorite cars of their fleet would be the redbirds, and all cars from the R46 onward. I do hope some R40s go to museums, though.

Back