gloucester central

macneil

rout builder
hi i was wondering if anyone on hear had been to gloucester central around the steam or br blue period and gloucester eastgate when it was open i have a plan of the layout of the station and yards but its very blurry and hard to make out in some places these are pictures of my first attempt at the station and would like to no if anyone could correct me if ive done something wrong on them first one is eastgate and the second is gloucester central
gloucestereastgateib7.jpg
gloucesterko3.jpg

Good to see someone tackling some real stations and good choice of subject.

Assuming south is at the bottom of your Eastgate shot, I would say that the right hand island platform should be a lot shorter than the left hand one. Converserly at the north/east end the right hand platform extends further north east than the left one. The overlap is about a third of the total platform length. The footbridge went from the middle of the right hand platform over the bay platforms at an angle not at right angles as you have it. It then kinked over to the island platform at right angles.

Not sure what accuracy you are looking for, but I hope this helps.

Sorry don't have any plans of Central.

Good luck with your project, hope to see it one day.

SP

trainz2008090606045581jh1.jpg
thanks for your help when i started it i forgot to check north and south i just started the station in the middle of the baseboard not very smart i guess lol the eastgate shot was from south sorry is this a bit better i got alot to do so far all ive gotten is teh 2 stations and the yard inbetween he stations and th yard on the left of gloucester central all the tracks kill my frame rate though wen u can c them.thnx
trainz2008090606045999zg9.jpg

Back